Cocoa Cay Question

While I have not been to Coco Cay in several years, I have heard plenty of things about the facelift and can’t wait to go back. That said, there will be bar service on the island, and IIRC, I think I heard somewhere that they will be adding a food venue as well. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they still tender food and drinks for passengers over to Cocoa Cay. My husband thinks they may have more permanent food venues now that Cocoa Cay has been expanded since we started cruising in 1997

Yes, currently all food for guests on the island comes from the ship.

ALL the food at CocoCay has to come by ship. It is VERY difficult to drive to an island. :D

It makes sense to bring it from the cruise ship, versus running separate supply boats.

Or are you asking if the food is PREPARED on the island. Some is and some is not.

No, I agree. My husband thinks they bring separate supply ships.

That may change once the pier is completed and Oasis class ships start going there, but it's still likely that the food will come from the ship.

No, I agree. My husband thinks they bring separate supply ships. Doesn't seem cost effective to me, considering bad weather port cancellations etc.

You can watch them take the first tenders over. Food and drinks are brought directly off the ship. Makes no sense to deliver them separately for several reasons. One of which is the port gets cancelled. We've made it once out of three times, most recently we missed in May because of weather. Plus, where would they deliver it from? It's the food made onboard that they serve. They cook on the island, but the prep work is all done on the ship.

No, I agree. My husband thinks they bring separate supply ships. Doesn't seem cost effective to me, considering bad weather port cancellations etc.

I'm curious...where does he think those "separate supply ships" would come from?

Do they still tender food and drinks for passengers over to Cocoa Cay. My husband thinks they may have more permanent food venues now that Cocoa Cay has been expanded since we started cruising in 1997

I will be back there in about 63 days. I think that last statement is pre-mature. They are about to create new things on the island, but as of last October, not much of what they are hyping has started. They have added a few things since your 1997 days, but most is yet to come

I will be back there in about 63 days. I think that last statement is pre-mature. They are about to create new things on the island, but as of last October, not much of what they are hyping has started. They have added a few things since your 1997 days, but most is yet to come

We asked this week and they said the only staff that live on the island are security and some management. We saw them still tendering the food to the island.

We asked this week and they said the only staff that live on the island are security and some management. We saw them still tendering the food to the island.

I think the lifeguards are probably still "permanent" residents also.

When I was there several years ago the Aussie lifeguard out by the sunken planes and cannons told me he stayed on the island during his contract.

"Wow, sounds like a great life in paradise!" I said.

"It would be, mate," he replied ruefully, "except for one problem: not enough women!" :D

The pier is a mess still, and we tendered right next to the supply tender, which I believe was one of two or three. It did rain sheets and buckets while on the island today, VERY little places to run and hide for shelter!!!

Sounds like it would have been a good day to stay on the ship. :o

Did anyone else hear that they are diverting from Coco Cay until completion? I understand that people that are sailing in December 2018 have received emails that they are substituting Coco Cay for another island.

I sail on December 13th....I haven't received that email, but it is a hit or miss with me and RCCL emails.