My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

What is a studio cabin? Inside? Do you have pics of one?

It is an inside cabin for solo travelers. They have one bed (looks a bit bigger than a twin). I do not have pictures, but have seen some on cruise deck plans. I took the video of the location for another CC member who will be staying in one. :)

APDMOM, it looks like you really hit the sweet spot when making your cruise purchases. I didn't do nearly that amount of research, but I certainly didn't see ours go down once it was booked. Its amazing how Royal repackages essentially the same sale week after week.

I also have to agree with what you've seen about Grandeur. It surprises me that for 2019, an 8 night Adventure out of Bayonne (Bahamas and includes Kings Wharf) is available for less than a 5 night Kings Wharf only out of Baltimore on Grandeur. Geographically, we sit almost exactly between Bayonne and Baltimore...both are about a 2 hour drive. I wouldn't mind sailing out of Baltimore, but I'll skip it for the nicer ship and definitely the lower price.

APDMOM, it looks like you really hit the sweet spot when making your cruise purchases. I didn't do nearly that amount of research, but I certainly didn't see ours go down once it was booked. Its amazing how Royal repackages essentially the same sale week after week.

I also have to agree with what you've seen about Grandeur. It surprises me that for 2019, an 8 night Adventure out of Bayonne (Bahamas and includes Kings Wharf) is available for less than a 5 night Kings Wharf only out of Baltimore on Grandeur. Geographically, we sit almost exactly between Bayonne and Baltimore...both are about a 2 hour drive. I wouldn't mind sailing out of Baltimore, but I'll skip it for the nicer ship and definitely the lower price.

Yes, with Royal, I find the early booking works the best. We try to book soon after itineraries are released. However, at the time we booked Adventure, the “non-refundable” deposit was not an option. I don’t know if they will reprice a non-refundable booking if the price drops... I hope they will!

• 2 weeks later...
We've been on the QM2 - you will fall in love! Try the July 1-6 Boston/Canada cruise.

The QM2 is not for everyone. It is a “ classy “ ship with a terrific library . The staff is very professional. The passengers are mostly English. We were treated well but the dress code just spoiled it for us. I knew about it before boarding but it was excessive. We dress well but not semi-formal on most nights with the exception of formal nights , so dress up on all nights. This was a TA from Southampton to NYC . The deal breaker was being greeted by a sign on the buffet closed door alerting pax to gain entry by going around to the door on the other side . We had to go down the elevator and walk to the next elevator and up to the buffet . Sign read : “To retain the ambiance for our guests please enter by other door “. Ambiance , the entrance to their fancy restaurant was opposite the buffet . It was insulting.

Cunard and Princess USA are headquartered in the town I lived in for many years . They are the largest employer in that town. Nevertheless, I will not support Cunard. Sailing on RCI NE/ Canada next year. Looking forward to it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent report, thank-you. We are travelling to the US next week to take the New England cruise departing 24th August and this has really got us excited! One question that I know has been asked elsewhere but how formal were the formal nights? If I can avoid having to pack my suit then great but I don't want to be the only one in casuals!

Actually I've thought of one more question. We - that is my wife and I - have booked My Time dining for a bit of flexibility. Just wondering what sort of wait times are typical? We are happy to share, in fact we would prefer to have some dinnertime company!

Vwgolf. For formal night, a pair of dress slacks, nice shirt and tie will work for you. A dress for your wife will be nice. Be sure to make reservations each day for the time you want for any time dining. If not, I have read that the wait can be long. Enjoy!

Thanks - it sounds like I don't need to take my suit if a shirt and tie will suffice. As for dining, I'll look at making reservations now. Beginning to wish I'd not gone for My Time dining now!

Thanks - it sounds like I don't need to take my suit if a shirt and tie will suffice. As for dining, I'll look at making reservations now. Beginning to wish I'd not gone for My Time dining now!

My Time Dining is not usually a problem if only 2 people are dining except the first night which is usually disorganized. I usually make reservations for the first night and then any days we are in port later and there may be rush to the dining room once everyone is on board. Other than that we just walk up when we want to eat - been doing this since MTD started and rarely have an issue.

Now, when sailing with more than 2 we always make reservations.

Enjoy your cruise! I definitely agree that you don’t need your suit for this one. [emoji846]

• 7 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, APDMOM said:

You are welcome.

Yes, if you look at the dining times, the theme is listed for dinner in the Windjammer section. See below (This was day 5, for example):

69a0caf9dee9d58a311042fb5b8846e4.jpg

Thank you so much for this review. Really pretty pictures. Was sent here bc someone said there was a photo of the wine list. Did I miss it?

On my many cruises, I had never noticed that they post a theme for the windjammer nights. I am not a buffet girl bit thats a great piece of info.