Port Intensive and Picture Intensive Trip Report for Jewel's E Mediterranean cruise

One of the coolest things we saw the entire trip was when the guide was telling us about a church that had been built on top of a mosque that had been built on top of a Roman city. He told us to turn around and look in the pool behind us. Under the water of the pool was remnants of the Roman city. It was mind-blowing!!!! It was outside of the Museo de la Almoina.

DSC02386_zpsqbem735k.jpg

DSC02387_zpszwy0wpbw.jpg

DSC02388b_zpsdlkx0bdd.jpg

DSC02394b_zpsygqmx8xb.jpg

DSC02392b_zpsedohhhmy.jpg

Near the end of the tour, Giuseppe asked if we wanted to walk along the marina, but we decided to go back to the ship as M was clearly in a lot of pain. Luckily, the driver and guide talked the port security into letting them drop us off at the port. Otherwise, we would have had to wait for a shuttle back at the main terminal. It was fairly far away, but I did see some people walking later.

DSC02447_zpsviyumrmg.jpg

DSC02450b_zpszuvgg0um.jpg

DSC02453b_zpsdmgwc0ka.jpg

DSC02458_zps97dcpcdr.jpg

Home!

DSC02460_zpsaud1axfw.jpg

Dinner was at Giovanni’s Table tonight. The waiter was excellent! The appetizers and drinks were delicious! I had some type of pork appetizer and it was unbelievable!!! One of the top items on the trip – up there with the lamb chops at Giovanni’s brunch and the bacon Phil had at Chops. I was not a fan of the main meal this time. We have had better Giovanni’s meals. I had pork porchetta, which was kind of dry (especially compared to the appetizer) and M’s filet was chewy. F’s spaghetti was very good. The server tried to tell him the large size (there were 2 sizes), no one can eat, but it did not look that big and F had no problem… Cannoli for dessert. All in all, it was a very nice meal.

DSC07287_zpstnlf8rb2.jpg

DSC07288_zpsyocertiu.jpg

DSC07289_zps7mejpyqk.jpg

DSC07291_zpsnfvsehzs.jpg

Wednesday, 11/1/17, Day 13, Day 8 cruise – Palma de la Mallorca, Spain

Today is Palma de la Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain. We had a half day tour with Spain Day Tours (556 euros) and were picked up at 8:30 am. Again, it was more expensive than the other port tours, but I had had no idea that we would have a guide and driver. I am really a fan of this way! This tour guide was a little woman, Anna, who started in 1978. The driver was Georgios. Another beautiful morning arrival…

DSC02471_zpsgs7nlbsv.jpg

DSC02478_zpsd9sa6l9x.jpg

I ran up one floor to get some pictures of the sunrise and port and picked up some bacon and Danish to bring back to the room to munch on before the tour. Wish I had thought of this sooner as we have not had breakfast, except for the one sea day that we ended up at the Windjammer when room service never came. I love breakfast, but we were on the go so early each morning, it just was not possible. Too funny, I saw Frank going down the stairs with plates and I thought I heard him talking. I asked him if he were talking to himself and he said no, there was a lady there. However, I had taken a picture of him before I said anything and I didn’t see anyone… You be the judge. LOL!!

DSC07327b_zpsd131jfa8.jpg

DSC07328b_zpsmnclngyn.jpg