Plane Ticket printouts

Since I will not be carrying some of my computer stuff (and I don't do phone apps) does RCL do a courtesy print out of plane boarding passes for customers 24 hours before the flight?

American Airlines said yesterday that most cruise lines were now offering this service but she wasn't sure about RCL. Heck, every hotel in the world seems to offer this service ( even in some 3rd world countries).

Leaving Monday 7/2 and returning on 7/7 to Miami.

RLK

Since I will not be carrying some of my computer stuff (and I don't do phone apps) does RCL do a courtesy print out of plane boarding passes for customers 24 hours before the flight?

American Airlines said yesterday that most cruise lines were now offering this service but she wasn't sure about RCL. Heck, every hotel in the world seems to offer this service ( even in some 3rd world countries).

RLK

You can print for free on the ship, but of course you have to pay for the Internet to check-in and access the boarding pass to print it of for free.:p

RLK

If you are Diamond level or higher, or are in a Grand Suite or better, your Concierge will print your boarding passes for free. otherwise you have to purchase an internet package. Some ships have a lower cost package for the last day.

I have not tried in a long time. RCI used to offer free access to airline websites. Unfortunately the 2 times I tried their computers were so slow it didn't work. Back then airline used to give you discount on baggage fees for early check-in.

They don't offer any free access but may offer a last day Internet discount.

Your other problem may be finding a working printer.

We check-in and print ours at the airport using our cell phone app when we arrive at the port.

RLK

Sorry...not every hotel...the one we stay at often in Shanghai (very upscale 5 stars) doesn't offer it free.

And PVG is one of the international airports we use that you need to show your paper boarding pass as you enter the terminal door...no mobile ones.

Heck, every hotel in the world seems to offer this service ( even in some 3rd world countries).

Ummm..... No. Seriously, if you're on American Airlines, there is no need whatsoever to print boarding passes before you get to the airport. There are usually plenty of kiosks to do this. Unless you're on Southwest (Ugh! Shuddering at the thought!), in which case when you "check in" may affect your boarding order, there is no reason whatsoever to do it 24 hours in advance.

We did the valet service for our luggage to be taken off the ship and directly to the airport. RCI printed out our plane tickets so we did not have to. Loved not seeing my luggage until I arrived back in Philly.

Thanks for the input. Yes I know about AA kiosks. Just like to do things in advance so I don't slow down at the airport. Especially since Miami is one of my 'favorites' right up there with Moscow or Logan. Plus my lifetime membership in the Admirals Club dates back to 1966 so people faint when they see it.

We do use SWA a lot and no problems because you always know what you are going to get with them. United, its another story but I'll do a layover rather than fly with them.

Best service in my opinion is BA with Sri Lankan Air amazingly good.

RLK

We did the valet service for our luggage to be taken off the ship and directly to the airport. RCI printed out our plane tickets so we did not have to. Loved not seeing my luggage until I arrived back in Philly.

Narberth???? Hi, neighbor. :)

I know you said that you don't do phone apps, but I've found airlines apps to be incredibly valuable. In addition to not needing a paper boarding pass, two very valuable features (to me) are knowing the status of your luggage and easily changing flights. It's very reassuring when a message pops up saying that your luggage has been loaded on the plane. If you travel often enough, you will eventually have flight problems due to weather, mechanical issues, flight crew time limits, etc. For many airlines, you can very quickly rebook right from the app. No more waiting in long lines behind angry customers to talk to a frazzled customer service rep.

Ummm..... No. Seriously, if you're on American Airlines, there is no need whatsoever to print boarding passes before you get to the airport. There are usually plenty of kiosks to do this. Unless you're on Southwest (Ugh! Shuddering at the thought!), in which case when you "check in" may affect your boarding order, there is no reason whatsoever to do it 24 hours in advance.

What's wrong with SW?

Southwest I paid the extra Early Bird to get higher number before sailing. Did Luggage Valet so didn't need do Luggage, check-in, and Royal provided my Boarding pass..

Phone apps or mobile boarding pass.....On my recent delayed (:eek:) flight from PHL-DUB nothing electronic was working...so those of us old timers that use a paper boarding pass breezed on...the other's had to make a separate boarding line and had to wait...so you never know.

Use your smart phone to "check in", then print the boarding pass when you get to the airport.

I am old school and like to have a hard copy. But some times that's not possible so I too use the smart phone. Not sure about other than IPhones, but I save it to my "wallet" then don't have to worry about internet connection only make sure my battery is charged.

I have both an AA & United app and love checking my arrival & departure gates, although haven't gone with the boarding pass like I see many use instead of getting one printed. Probably should get with the times.:D Only time I ran into a problem, had to shut phone down due to low battery because charging cable went bad and missed the gate change in DFW. Got rescheduled through PHX

Old school vs New school. Why not both. I print my passes all the time, but sometimes it's not possible. Never had an issue at the airport. The app gives me updates, gates, delays, and baggage info. Save it to your wallet, and no need for internet, just the phone turned on.

If you have a phone, but don't do apps, does that mean you don't have a smart phone? Or is it a smart phone, and you don't utilize it's powerful potential?

... If you have a phone, but don't do apps, does that mean you don't have a smart phone? Or is it a smart phone, and you don't utilize it's powerful potential?

Or they have a smart phone and place privacy and security at a very high priority.

Phone apps or mobile boarding pass.....On my recent delayed (:eek:) flight from PHL-DUB nothing electronic was working...so those of us old timers that use a paper boarding pass breezed on...the other's had to make a separate boarding line and had to wait...so you never know.

Well, that is most definitely the occasional exception and not the rule. I too have encountered a flight where the electronics weren't working. However, I was still able to show them my boarding pass on my phone and they simply marked me down on their notepad as "boarded".

What's wrong with SW?

Nothing if you know what you're dealing with and you're okay with it. I used to travel Southwest all the time because they flew out of a smaller secondary airport with great nonstops and great fares. The routes and fares are not nearly as appealing or competitive as they used to be. And I like having a specific reserved seat. Southwest near me attracts a LOT of families with young kids. And while I don't begrudge them traveling, the combination of the families with young kids and the open seating all to often seems to turn the boarding process into amateur hour.

I'm now Mosaic with JetBlue, I like showing up whenever I want with regards to boarding and knowing my seat in row two is ready and waiting with no hassle.

People still sometimes think like this is a bygone era. If you purchase a ticket, and you check in, you will be boarded. I don't care if you have a paper boarding pass and manage to lose it between security and the gate, you're going to get on board. The days of a boarding pass having some sort of "bearer value" are long gone.

It's just like all the people constantly asking what they need to check into the ship. I'm like "Photo ID and a credit card!". Sure, a set sail pass "might" make it easier or faster (not really), but they're going to take care of you regardless.

I'm a belt and suspenders guy so in addition to adding the boarding pass to my iPhone wallet, I take a screen shot for my camera roll (probably useless redundancy). If I'm traveling with someone though, I'll air drop my boarding pass screen shot to my traveling companion. The Internet can blow up, I can accidentally flush my phone down the toilet, the gate can have no electricity, and I can still board the plane.

The only thing that I used to miss about a paper boarding pass was using it as a bookmark for my paperback book. With my Nook app though...