Child seats on transfers

Bullies3

In September we're taking our 2 1/2 year old daughter on a package staying three nights in Disney followed by a 7 night Disney cruise. Our travel agent just told us that the included Disney shuttles do not allow car seats on them. We have to decide if we want to hold our daughter for the approximately 45 minute ride from the airport to Disney and then to the cruise port or pay for private transportation that will permit a car seat. Has anyone else been told this and if so did you hold your child on the shuttle? Thanks for any input!

A car seat is not legally required on the bus and you do not pay for a child under age 3....so DCL isn't going to give you a seat. Also, the car seat may not fit correctly into the bus seat/seat belt set up even if it were allowed. If there is an empty seat on the bus, which does happen often, you are welcome to use it. You also will not be able to use your car seat in the various conveyances at the ports you'll visit. And if you use WDW transportation to get around Disney World, you won't be able to use a car seat on any of the buses or boats there.

You could rent a car, either at the airport or at a location near WDW, which would allow you to use your car seat. You could book transportation thru a shuttle company or limo/towncar company that would allow you to use your car seat or supply one for your use. Of you can hold your child. In that case, you are basically taking the chance that the bus does not have an accident while in route or need to do a sudden stop that dislodges the child. Yes I know that there have been accidents involving Disney buses, and anything can happen any time. But I'm old and I grew up before car seats. Granted, my daughter grew up believing that the car wouldn't start until she was buckled in.....I'd hold the child.

Agree with above. We have a four year old. He’s been on several cruises. We have utilized Disney transport (works great, btw!). Sometimes you just have to hold your child in your lap and hold tight (say a prayer and go!).

We’ve taken our now 3 year old a few times and used the shuttle each time. We generally go later in the afternoon and there aren’t as many people on the bus so she gets her own seat. Also, they play cartoons on the TVs so it’ll help keep her entertained!