Anthem Boston Aquarium

lovescats5

We will be on the Anthem Sept. 6 and were thinking of going to the Boston Aquarium for that port. Has anyone been there and was it worth it? My granddaughter loves the ocean and all creatures in it so was thinking of her for this stop. Thanks

We will be on the Anthem Sept. 6 and were thinking of going to the Boston Aquarium for that port. Has anyone been there and was it worth it? My granddaughter loves the ocean and all creatures in it so was thinking of her for this stop. Thanks

Almost 5,000 helpful reviews of the New England Aquarium located @:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60745-d103649-Reviews-New_England_Aquarium-Boston_Massachusetts.html

:cool:

An additional question would be if anyone could recommend a place to have a good meal (of some kind) that would feature food from the New England area. I guess like lobster rolls, crab of some kind or whatever is good during September. Thanks

An additional question would be if anyone could recommend a place to have a good meal (of some kind) that would feature food from the New England area. I guess like lobster rolls, crab of some kind or whatever is good during September. Thanks
Have you considered the North End for Italian??

Otherwise, walk around Faneuil Hall, and there's good seafood to find there.

The Seaport District also has some good seafood restaurants!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

Boston resident as well,

The New England Aquarium is certainly worth a visit. Also for New England Seafood recommendations I would say definitely try Sail Loft; walking distance from the aquarium and really amazing food. Faneuil Hall does feature local vendors, but still a touristy spot with inflated prices that reflect that.

DangerousDan ~ I am going to respectfully disagree with your choice:D. Mike's Pastry is where the tourists will go as seen by the lines out the door. Other options would be Modern Pastry or Maria's around the corner from Hanover St. Of course, this is all open to discussion, but my favorite is to stop at the Café Vittoria, have a cappuccino and enjoy a pastry while watching the crowds walk by.

The Aquarium is definitely doable as a shore excursion. Legal Seafood is right across the street as it the Chart House or the Marriott Hotel. Instead, you can walk from there through Christopher Columbus Park into the North End to enjoy lunch (Italian as well as seafood), a cannoli or gelato and, if you have time, take a tour of Paul Revere's House. Lots of history right there!

Boston resident as well,

The New England Aquarium is certainly worth a visit. Also for New England Seafood recommendations I would say definitely try Sail Loft; walking distance from the aquarium and really amazing food. Faneuil Hall does feature local vendors, but still a touristy spot with inflated prices that reflect that.

I second the Sail Loft recommendation. It is a 5 minute walk from the Aquarium. Nice location by the Harborwalk which my office walking club does 3x a week. Not to mention the Harborwalk is free.

New England Aquarium is a great place to visit. For food, I recommend walking a block down to Fanuiel Hall. It's a local landmark, basically a multi-block food emporium.

Since I work across the street from Faneuil Hall I am not a fan of eating there. It is noisy and crowded and it is VERY hard to find seating to eat. I do, however, think it is a great place to go souvenir shopping.

The New England Aquarium is a great choice, nice way to spend 2 or 3 hours. I would not consider whale watching because the whales are on Stellwagen Bank which is 25 miles east of Boston, time will become a factor. You can go to Faneuil Hall only about two blocks away to look around, tourist shopping, fast food and history.

The Sail Loft is a good choice, also in the area is the Boston Harbor Hotel and the Long Wharf Marriott both have great food. But my choice for seafood would be Legal Seafood on Northern Ave. It is half way between the Aquarium and Black Falcon Terminal (Your Cruise Port). Legal is the largest of the seafood restaurants in the Boston Area, they always have many different items and great products.

Is any other Bostonian cringing at the reference to the "north side"? LOL.

The New England Aquarium is a great place to visit, and there's a Legal Sea Foods right across the street from it, though I agree that the one in the Seaport closer to the Black Falcon Terminal is a better one to visit since it has three floors, a nice roof deck etc. There's also a smaller LTK (Legal Test Kitchen) nearby on Northern Ave.

I'm a local, and I prefer Mike's over Modern for cannoli, but either one is good.

There's also a Mike's in Harvard Square, and the lines are much shorter, if you're making your way across the river to Cambridge.

Enjoy my city!

DangerousDan ~ I am going to respectfully disagree with your choice:D. Mike's Pastry is where the tourists will go as seen by the lines out the door. Other options would be Modern Pastry or Maria's around the corner from Hanover St. Of course, this is all open to discussion, but my favorite is to stop at the Café Vittoria, have a cappuccino and enjoy a pastry while watching the crowds walk by.

The Aquarium is definitely doable as a shore excursion. Legal Seafood is right across the street as it the Chart House or the Marriott Hotel. Instead, you can walk from there through Christopher Columbus Park into the North End to enjoy lunch (Italian as well as seafood), a cannoli or gelato and, if you have time, take a tour of Paul Revere's House. Lots of history right there!

I 2nd Modern Pastry! Love their almond macaroons :hearteyes:

I will also second the suggestion to do a whale watch when in Boston... There are boats that leave near the aquarium that will take you out to Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary. Which is a great feeding area for all types of sea life including hump backs.

For food, take a look at the Durgin-Park restaurant at Quincy Market. It features traditional New England fare,and has been in business since 1827.

Aloha,

John