I had 2nd dream about leaving Passport at home, has any one used taken pic's& used?

It does sound like pre-trip anxiety.

Put it on your checklist so you do not forget it. And guard it well as you travel. While a pic might help State dept reissue a lost document faster, I do not think you will be allowed to embark a cruise with only a pic or photocopy of your passport.

Well, I used to have this dream to, and then this past September it happened to me. I live just north of Tampa, leaving from Port Canaveral. Normally a 2 hour 15 minute drive. Before leaving, husband says, do you have the passports, I say yep sure do.

We arrived unloaded luggage and go to get on line, pull out passports from purse. Get to front of line, open covers, mine is missing. They were both in covers and when I pulled them out of the drawer, but apparently mine had fallen out of the jacket and I didn't realize, only knew I had the 2 jackets. So asked if photos in my phone would work, they said no.

Sent my dh on the ship (boy was he mad), and I drove home and back. Was told I had until 3:30 to make it and it was already close to 11. My reasoning was if I missed this ship, would only have to purchase one airline ticket at the next port.

That trip was the most nerve-wracking drive of my life. If you are familiar with the area i4 is typically heavily congested on a weekend afternoon with disney and all. Got home, passport just where I said it was in drawer. Didn't even shut the car off, ran in and grabbed. Then filled gas tank and prayed all the way back.

Arrived at the terminal 3:15.

So moral of the story, the photo did not work.

I had my 2nd dream about leaving the passport at home[emoji37] [emoji37]. I was in Lauderdale not Port Canaveral for Oasis.

Has anyone had to use pic's of it as the document?

I have set 2 reminders to pack the passport.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

If you are asking can you use photos of a passport instead of a passport, the answer is no.

Happened in real life to me in March ‘18. Right before leaving our home in Houston to drive to Galveston, DH asked me to “show me the passports”. I took the passport pouch out of my backpack, showed him, and then promptly left them on the table. Did not realize until we approached the entrance to the terminal where they were checking if we had documents in hand. We got out of line, searched everywhere fruitlessly, then called my DD who lives 5 blocks from my house. She ran over there, found them, then graciously met us halfway. It was such a blessing we live so close to our home port. Not the case this week when we cruise out of Baltimore. You can be sure we will triple check in the car before we leave for the airport!

I suffer from Passport OCD on travel day. I check before we leave the house. I check when I get in the car to go to airport. I check when we get out of the car. I check when we get to the airport. I check once we get through security. I check before we board the plane. You get the drift. I keep them in an easily accessible place so I don’t look too nutty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two years ago I had booked a cruise out of FLL. Went to put the passport #’s in when I registered and realized that they were fixing to expire And I didn’t have enough time to get them renewed first so I used birth certificates.

Had a wedding to go to right before the cruise so flew from Texas to Oklahoma and then to Florida . By this point I was over 20 cruises and completely used to using passports and somehow in the rush I forgot to grab our birth certificates Because they were not on my packing list and did not figure that out till I’m standing in front of the gentleman who is asking me for my boarding documentation . All the blood drained from my face when I realized I had nothing on me but my drivers license.

While I start crying my DH who is the best in the world just shrugs and says no big deal we will just fly home or hang out in Florida and literally is not angry at me because that’s just how he rolls. I am not that gracious :o

To make an already long story shorter a representative from Royal walked over and took us aside and while it took another hour to get on the ship I was able to get my daughter to locate my birth certificates at home, take pictures on her phone and send it to an email the lady provided and they actually let us get on the ship. I am sure there was a couple other things that happened during that hour but I have managed to block it all out !!

I always had copies of passports and drivers licenses on my phone but now I have copies of birth certificates also !!

I started the passport renewal process immediately when I got back home !!

Well, I used to have this dream to, and then this past September it happened to me. I live just north of Tampa, leaving from Port Canaveral. Normally a 2 hour 15 minute drive. Before leaving, husband says, do you have the passports, I say yep sure do.

We arrived unloaded luggage and go to get on line, pull out passports from purse. Get to front of line, open covers, mine is missing. They were both in covers and when I pulled them out of the drawer, but apparently mine had fallen out of the jacket and I didn't realize, only knew I had the 2 jackets. So asked if photos in my phone would work, they said no.

Sent my dh on the ship (boy was he mad), and I drove home and back. Was told I had until 3:30 to make it and it was already close to 11. My reasoning was if I missed this ship, would only have to purchase one airline ticket at the next port.

That trip was the most nerve-wracking drive of my life. If you are familiar with the area i4 is typically heavily congested on a weekend afternoon with disney and all. Got home, passport just where I said it was in drawer. Didn't even shut the car off, ran in and grabbed. Then filled gas tank and prayed all the way back.

Arrived at the terminal 3:15.

So moral of the story, the photo did not work.

OMG, how stressful!

It sounds like many have similar problems. A couple of years ago I was going on a cruise with my friends. When we got in the line to board I took my passport out and handed it to the lady and she said this is not you. I had taken my husbands passport. They took me to a room to straighten it out. I was told that if my husband could fax a couple of my birth certificate it would be OK. Of course my birth certificate was in the safety deposit box at the bank. Yes, I did make the cruise by just barley. No way would they take a copy. I definitely open my passport prior to leaving home to make sure I have my own. The whole story is humorous now but it was a nightmare then.

It has happened to us--TWICE! First time, driving to Little Rock to spend the night prior to our early morning flight. Got almost to Little Rock when my DW asked me where her purse was, I didn't know, she is responsible for her purse. It wasn't in the car. Said purse had passports, credit cards, etc. Turned around and went home (hour plus drive) , purse was found sitting on kitchen table. Turned around and drove back to Little Rock for our hotel night. Lost about three hours of total drive time.

Second time, getting off Voyager of the Seas. We had been fortunate to get a pier upgrade to the Royal Suite.

We had set out the passports for the three of us on top of the grand piano, to make sure we did not lose them. Left the cabin, got off the ship, and got all the way to Immigration Control. I asked her for the passports and she had just two of them. Mine was missing. Immigration officer told us to step out of line and go see if I could find my missing passport. Went back to the gangway and had to explain to Security why I had to get back on the ship. They were unsure of how to proceed, so they had to contact their supervisor. I was allowed back on the ship (was not signed in or tracked in any manner) Went back to the cabin and my keycard still worked, went in and my dark blue passport was still lying on top of the dark black piano.

I should have just stowed away and gone on another cruise. I really needed a drink!

Nowadays, I keep the passports.

To avoid having to miss the ship or return home for the documents here's what our family does.

First I email a scan of our birth certificates to myself and DH.

One person at home is in charge of all cruise or vacation documents including the passports.

That person makes sure that these documents go in a folio that is packed in the carry-on containing our wine. (If fly-in the carry-on we plan to put the wine in.)

Once in the car, before leaving the driveway, the other adult takes the carry-on, opens the folio and double checks that the paperwork and passports are there. Then we drive away.

At the cruise or airport terminal a second look is done. As a precaution if using a car service we tell the driver that their tip is in that bag and we need a minute to grab it. That way if somehow the paperwork or IDs fell out, the car is still there and we can alert the driver.

On the ship or in the hotel the passports go in the safe along with our house keys, folio, and other valuables. We do not remove the passport till the last minute again packing it in our carry-on. Usually most ports only require a DL and your ship's passcard to regain entry to the secured port gates if you leave to explore the greater area on your own. That is unless the for some reason we know a having the passport at a specific port is advantageous or required.

If somehow all these precautions fail we have our fallback, the BC email. If somehow a passport is lost or forgotten we can print out a copy of our BC and use our DLs for boarding or repatriation after the cruise (USA closed loop cruises only). We are able to do so because when printed in color, a copy of our BCs have their security features evident.

Roughly 1 month away I begin to move everything into one room, Pass Ports, travel papers etc so it is all in one location and I am not going room to room at the last minute to gather things up. I also do one final walk through of all rooms to make sure I haven't forgotten something. I have taken pics of my PP. I have been known to check & recheck before leaving the house and at the Hotel.

To avoid having to miss the ship or return home for the documents here's what our family does.. If somehow a passport is lost or forgotten we can print out a copy of our BC and use our DLs for boarding or repatriation after the cruise (USA closed loop cruises only). We are able to do so because when printed in color, a copy of our BCs have their security features evident.

I didn't think a photo of a BC was accepted??????

bosco

I had my 2nd dream about leaving the passport at home[emoji37] [emoji37]. I was in Lauderdale not Port Canaveral for Oasis.

Has anyone had to use pic's of it as the document?

I have set 2 reminders to pack the passport.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

Just put it in your carry on bag right now.

I didn't think a photo of a BC was accepted??????

bosco

It's not a photo, it's a photo copy of the validated copy the Department of Vital Statistics issued.

We scan the original copy issue by them, then email it to ourselves. If something happens to our passports we can then find the nearest Bluetooth enabled color printer print out the scanned documents. We then present the copy along with our DL to the agent or supervisor.

Luckily we have never had to do this ourselves, but a family member once dropped her passport while disembarking, it fell in the water between the ship and dock. I was at my aunts when the call came to her to scan the copy she had if the birth certificate and to email it to her daughter. Customs accepted the printed emailed copy because it had the issuing state's security feature evident.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

I always put my passport in my back pack or whatever purse I am carrying for my trip and put it in the room where I stage all of my luggage and current cruise items, ie. set sail pass, hotel reservation and plain tickets. And since I am frequently in that room adding or taking away something for my trip I tend to go through that bag just to double, triple check or whatever just to make sure.