Buffet

tvo7

So what I am reading, Disney does not have a true buffet like oasis of the seas. It is just sit down and you can only order the exact same food as the mdr? Anything extra you can order?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Cabanas is a regular buffet style restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch, but dinner it is a sit down style casual dining, no set times or table assignments, but they do offer MDR menu food at that time. So no there's no "whenever" buffet restaurant in the evening or late night on the ships.

All DCL ships have a buffet in Cabanas at breakfast and lunch. Hours are limited, and it isn't an "all day" buffet like other lines have. At dinner, the space is used as a sit down, cruise casual restaurant--closed the first and last night of any cruise. There is no charge, and you can see the menu before you decide to be seated. It is selected items from the MDR menu + a carved item.

There is always some place open where you can get food. Room service is 24/7 (no charge for most items), the "fast food" locations are open essentially all day and well into the evening.

There is always at least one MDR open for breakfast and lunch. This is both sea days and port days. Cabanas buffet and room service are also available. You'll be able to look at your Navigator and see the hours for each location.

I've never gone to MDR dinner and carried my plate back to my room, but I've had them pack my desert to go back to the room. There is no rule to prevent you from taking your entree to your cabin.

Certain levels of concierge suites can order MDR food delivered to their suite via room service; normal cabins cannot do this.

There is always at least one MDR open for breakfast and lunch. This is both sea days and port days. Cabanas buffet and room service are also available. You'll be able to look at your Navigator and see the hours for each location.

I've never gone to MDR dinner and carried my plate back to my room' date=' but I've had them pack my desert to go back to the room. There is no rule to prevent you from taking your entree to your cabin.

Certain levels of concierge suites can order MDR food delivered to their suite via room service; normal cabins cannot do this.[/quote']

I've never taken a plate back to my room, but one of my favorite stories is what a server did for me on our Southern Caribbean a few years back. I wasn't feeling well on lobster night and told my wife to go to dinner without me. I asked her to bring me something back. Well, lo and behold, when dinner was finished, I heard the door open and behind my wife was our server carrying a tray! Considering we were main seating and he had to get back to set up for late seating, it was truly appreciated.