Perks for Jr Suite on Ovation

Prices have dropped on our New Zealand cruise on the Ovation.

I am thinking of upgrading to a Junior Suite. Other than the cabin size, I see that we can eat dinner in the Coastal Kitchen on a space available basis. On a New Zealand cruise, do you think we would be turned away often?

Any other perks to this cabin? Priority Check-in?

Thank you for your help.

Diane

On a New Zealand cruise, do you think we would be turned away often?

Any other perks to this cabin? Priority Check-in?

No way to know about CK - depends on how many of the suite guests feel like going there.

You can go to the suite line at check in. 2x points per night.

We have a js booked for NZ 4 December 2019

There’s no real priority check in in Sydney but boarding is very fast and efficient.

You can book coastal Kitchen for every evening on your cruise planner but I’ve heard if they are busy you can be bumped off in favour of a higher suite.

Apart from CK the best perk is priority for the tender.no lining up for a ticket and waiting.NZ has a few tender ports.

When are you booked?

Is that true for a JS?

We have done so before in a JS. Was in the planner as a dining choice a couple of months before the cruise. Booked it for every night at different times, but once on board we had a couple of nights where we didn't eat there, no probs. We tend to be late eaters though with most times booked between 7.45 and 8.30. If you tried to have say 6.30 every night you could run into problems..

We have done so before in a JS. Was in the planner as a dining choice a couple of months before the cruise.

Considering you could get bumped by folks in a real suite, I'm surprised they allow booking in the planner. I wonder if anyone has ever been bumped from CK when in a JS.

Considering you could get bumped by folks in a real suite, I'm surprised they allow booking in the planner. I wonder if anyone has ever been bumped from CK when in a JS.

I haven’t been bumped from CK as this will be the first time to have a suite on ovation.

Last 4 times we were with the great unwashed and just because you have a booking means nothing.

So many times our tours and bookings were canceled or no record of the booking was a regular excuse.

It was very annoying.

The electronic booking system seems to crash a lot so the just use a book.

So my plan is to give the person at the front door of CK a good tip at the start of the cruise.

I'm personally not aware of anyone that has been bumped. Most nights that I have been in there more tables have been empty than full. Just coz some people are booked in grand suites or similar it doesn't mean they eat in CK every night. Surprisingly some people don't like it, some people prefer to eat with their other friends in one of the MDR's, some might eat at other speciality restaurants or the windjammer, etc, so as long as you don't go at peak time you should be fine.