Jr Suite + Inside - Am I missing anything?

We are experienced cruisers on Celebrity, but this will be our first trip on Royal.

We plan to cruise on Majesty OTS over New Years. The only available cabin that will sleep 4 is an Inside, which is a non starter for us - we prefer having a balcony.

Our plan is to book a Jr Suite and an Inside. We all plan to stay in the Jr suite - which as far as I can tell is just a plain old balcony room. However because our kids are young, 6 and 8, we will need to split ourselves up for booking purposes with one adult and one child per room. Are there any "suite perks" applicable to a Jr suite that one of us will be missing out on?

We are aware we will have different muster stations and will take care of the cabin steward appropriately. Any other considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance -

Mike

We are experienced cruisers on Celebrity, but this will be our first trip on Royal.

We plan to cruise on Majesty OTS over New Years. The only available cabin that will sleep 4 is an Inside, which is a non starter for us - we prefer having a balcony.

Our plan is to book a Jr Suite and an Inside. We all plan to stay in the Jr suite - which as far as I can tell is just a plain old balcony room. However because our kids are young, 6 and 8, we will need to split ourselves up for booking purposes with one adult and one child per room. Are there any "suite perks" applicable to a Jr suite that one of us will be missing out on?

We are aware we will have different muster stations and will take care of the cabin steward appropriately. Any other considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance -

Mike

Probably no insides on the JS deck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance -

Mike

I believe you will receive double points in a jr suite. To be honest, if this is your first RCL ship.. EVER! Go big! Newer ships have newer innovations, the shows are better, the rooms are better, the food, entertainment and tons of more things to do for you & your significant other and the kids!!! Way more enjoyable. Majesty will disappoint. Check out ships in the Freedom Class, Oasis Class, Anthem, and Harmony Class!! Adventure is cool too. But don’t ruin your first impression of RCL by sailing Majesty!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably no insides on the JS deck

Thanks - I'm aware the cabins won't be near each other. The JS is on deck 10 and the inside is on deck 2. We don't plan to use the inside. Just need it to get all 4 of us aboard.

Mike

I believe you will receive double points in a jr suite. To be honest, if this is your first RCL ship.. EVER! Go big! Newer ships have newer innovations, the shows are better, the rooms are better, the food, entertainment and tons of more things to do for you & your significant other and the kids!!! Way more enjoyable. Majesty will disappoint. Check out ships in the Freedom Class, Oasis Class, Anthem, and Harmony Class!! Adventure is cool too. But don’t ruin your first impression of RCL by sailing Majesty!! [emoji4]

So if I am being completely honest - I have sailed Royal once before. I went on my first honeymoon over 20 years ago on Majesty OTS. But that was another life ago, so it doesn't really count, right ;-)

I understand what you are saying about ship choice - but the only reason we are going is for Havana - so my options are take it, or leave it!

Mike

So if I am being completely honest - I have sailed Royal once before. I went on my first honeymoon over 20 years ago on Majesty OTS. But that was another life ago, so it doesn't really count, right ;-)

I understand what you are saying about ship choice - but the only reason we are going is for Havana - so my options are take it, or leave it!

Mike

Ahh, I see! Well sail on Majesty! Cuba sounds fun! First honeymoon 20 years ago and now have a 6 & 8 year old! Fresh! You really started over!! Lol

Make sure the js can sleep four of you. Not sure if all juniors have sofa beds etc.

Our's sleeps 3 adults, so I'm sure we'll be ok with the 6 and 8 year olds. More often than not they end up in our bed anyway!

Mike

Edited by mandream

Thanks in advance -

Mike

Mike, the sofa bed in the JS is a single bed, not a double.

Mike, the sofa bed in the JS is a single bed, not a double.

Appreciate the warning. I figured that based on the fact that it says it can only accommodate 3. Since my boys are only 6 and 8 they will be fine in the single. Most likely one (or both) will end up in our bed anyway.

Mike

Did you consider two balcony cabins? That way you could actually use both rooms, and enjoy the extra space- especially the restroom and shower.

The only balcony staterooms on Majesty are Junior Suites and better.

Did you consider two balcony cabins? That way you could actually use both rooms, and enjoy the extra space- especially the restroom and shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did. I don't believe Majesty has a "balcony" type stateroom (but I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong). The lowest type cabin that was available with a balcony was "Jr. Suite" - which to me looks just like a regular balcony cabin on Celebrity.

Mike

The only balcony staterooms on Majesty are Junior Suites and better.

We did. I don't believe Majesty has a "balcony" type stateroom (but I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong). The lowest type cabin that was available with a balcony was "Jr. Suite" - which to me looks just like a regular balcony cabin on Celebrity.

Mike

Ahhh. Host Clarea beat me to it!!! Thanks!

Not sure if there are any available but did you price out a Grand Suite. They sleep 4. Not sure if the kids sail free applies to cuba cruises or not.

None available. In fact our JS was the last "suite" available. Now the category is sold out.

But that reminds me. We once had a Royal Suite on Celebrity during a Kids Sail Free promotion. It was the BEST DEAL EVER!

Mike

Not sure if there are any available but did you price out a Grand Suite. They sleep 4. Not sure if the kids sail free applies to cuba cruises or not.
Will a GS on MJ sleep 4?

The adult who is booked in the inside cabin will only receive single points, but since you are linked, there's no real practical affect.
Mike needs to be the one in the JS since he has points from his first honeymoon cruise.

Always put the spouse with highest actual points in the cabin with more points

• 1 month later...

Thanks again to all who responded. A quick update.

I'm in the habit of checking websites daily (or almost daily when I have a reservation). I noticed that a Grand Suite became available. Although the description says it accommodates 4 - it only appeared if I did a search for double or triple occupancy. I assumed maybe the muster station was full and they were limiting quad occupancy - but my wife suggested we call anyway.

Called last night and the agent said that room has the standard twin beds (together or separate) and a single size sofa bed, so as is will only sleep 3 (which we were fine with, but she said coast guard regulations require every passenger have their own berth). When we asked why it says it can sleep 4 - she said they can bring in a crib for kids under 3. At that point, we thought we were back to our JS + inside when she said - hang on, that suite ought to accommodate a rollaway bed. She needed to check with resolutions. After a long hold, she said they all thought that was fine, but needed to confirm with revenue management tomorrow (which was today).

Just got the call an hour or so ago that we are all set. Now the 4 of us are booked in a single GS and will be much more comfortable than all being in the JS (but we would have managed) with an empty inside. Price was only slightly more than the 2 separate cabins, but this will be much more convenient.

We're very excited!

Mike