Time changes on the Getaway

disneyfans4

Just got off this morning. it's 1 hour back Sunday night, then another hour back Monday night. Then an hour forward Friday night and another hour forward Saturday night. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off this morning. it's 1 hour back Sunday night, then another hour back Monday night. Then an hour forward Friday night and another hour forward Saturday night. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info, thank you.

I was about to call shenanigans because we sailed this itinerary on the Star in December and we changed just twice: one hour back and then forward again. But then, I realized at all these ports must be on *Standard* time, with us (and Miami) being on *Daylight* time. Won't that be fun! :rolleyes:

Remember...it's five o'clock somewhere

I really dislike changing time numerous times during a 7 day cruise that starts and ends in the same time zone. I am time OCD anyway.

No other cruise lines I have been on does this practice. I've asked the crew and they don't like it either. I understand on trans-Atlantic or round the world.

I do not like the time changes as well. But one advantage to the time change is booking shore excursions or appointments you do not need to factor the

shore time versus the ships time.

While the time changes are a bit of a pain, there are definite benefits. We were in Belize the same time as two Carnival ships which had not changed their clocks and all the Carnival passengers on our local excursion were in a panic to get back to port as they had an hour less, whereas we had leisurely time to get back and then shop/drinks at the port. Plus the time mostly goes back before ports where you have to get up early for trips, definitely a bonus to have that extra hour.