Binoculars on Ventura

dianne.d

Hi Everyone,We are on Ventura on the 15th of august in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on d deck.

Am i right in saying you get a set of binoculars in the cabin

Many Thanks.

Hello! So are we ! Not long to go now. Not sure if you have seen the youtube video of cabin d114 - it is a pretty good one about our cabins. :-)

The binoculars in cabins & suits are in my opinion not worth bothering with. It's not that they are poor quality, it's because binoculars are fairly delicate instruments in that it only takes a small knock to put them out of alignment, and then you'll either see two images and/or you'll get terrible eyestrain that will quickly bring on a headache. And as they are not personal property, passengers often don't take care when using them. :mad:

Many deck (bridge) officers have their own personal and usually rather expensive binoculars, and it considered the height of rudeness to use someone else's binoculars without getting permission to do so.

I have tried several different types of binoculars over the years and actually ended up with a small 10x25 monocular which is OK for checking out passing ships etc. On my last few cruises that was left at home as I found my new camera electronic viewfinder gives about 6X magnification and if I want more I just take a photo and zoom the image.