1/2 Charter Cruise

GRANNYOFSIX

Thank you joeyjeremiah for your response! I for one totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!

I once ended up on a dancing with the stars themed cruise on HAL. If I would have known I would have booked a different cruise. It was the first cruise I brought my sons on then aged 10 and 18 and needless to say they weren’t interested in dancing with the stars. One night the only entertainment was come and look at the costumes from dancing with the stars so needless to say we had less enjoyment of our cruise because of it.

If it’s a smaller group that is doing some specialty events that isn’t impacting the other passengers It’s one thing but it’s different when it is impacting the entertainment and activities and everybody’s onboard experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you andante.....totally agree with you!! Just my opinion, if a group wants to 1/2 charter a ship, the cruise lines needs to send them to one of their smaller ships that could accommodate everyone and call it a full charter........

I wonder if the issue of the identity of a group making a large booking is a bit of a red herring. Surely if MSC accept any bookings that are likely to compromise the expectations of passengers already booked they should tell them this and give options, like for instance of having your choice of dining time removed....and whatever else the accommodating of this large group may entail. Just telling passengers that there are changes in what they have signed up to does not require a detailed explanation, only what compromises the company will make.

Thank you andante.....totally agree with you!! Just my opinion, if a group wants to 1/2 charter a ship, the cruise lines needs to send them to one of their smaller ships that could accommodate everyone and call it a full charter........

On one of my Divina cruises there was a large Jazz group, didn't effect dining times but we never could go in the Black and white lounge in the evening and there were frequently signs outside venues stating privately function. I think clients should be given option to change dates when encountering a group this large...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This past January we went on our first MSC cruises, a B2B on the Divina. The second leg had a large charter group of Andy Cooney and the Irish Stars. They did take over the Black and White Lounge most days and evenings. We had early seating in the Black Crab MDR on the first leg and they changed us to the Villa Rossa MDR for the second leg, but still early seating and with a great table for two by the window, so we had no complaints. Some evenings the Irish singers and dancers were in one of the regular lounges and twice, they played on the pool deck during the day. We made friends with a few people from the Irish group and thoroughly enjoyed the music and dancing when we got a chance to see it, so it really did not bother us. I think it depends on what the charter group is, and we got lucky!

Thank you relaxatsea for sharing your experience. So happy to hear that your experience with a large charter on your cruise was positive. That's excellent. We did decide to cancel our Divina cruise but we are hoping that the non charter group as well as the charter group enjoys the cruise as much as you did!! Thank you again!

This past January we went on our first MSC cruises, a B2B on the Divina. The second leg had a large charter group of Andy Cooney and the Irish Stars. They did take over the Black and White Lounge most days and evenings. We had early seating in the Black Crab MDR on the first leg and they changed us to the Villa Rossa MDR for the second leg, but still early seating and with a great table for two by the window, so we had no complaints. Some evenings the Irish singers and dancers were in one of the regular lounges and twice, they played on the pool deck during the day. We made friends with a few people from the Irish group and thoroughly enjoyed the music and dancing when we got a chance to see it, so it really did not bother us. I think it depends on what the charter group is, and we got lucky!