Magic's Dr. E has been transferred

Our cruise last week on the Magin was also Dr. E's last cruise as well. He was fantastic. We learned on the last day that he was transferring to the Pride. Just wanted to share with everyone who really enjoyed Dr. E. I'm not sure if he requested it or if Carnival just moves the Cruise Directors around. Cookie will be joining the Magic.

Hmmm.. Bit of a demotion in my mind...unless he is just covering for a few weeks. Spirit class ship out of Baltimore which is a smaller shp....You would think he would stay in Dream Class or in line for a Vista Class.

Sara Beth Reno, VP of entertainment in Miami, was specifically asked about this reassignment on John's February Bloggers, FB/ fun time cruise (whatever they are calling it now) during a Q&A session. She said it was not a negative reassignment and that Carnival still has great respect for Eversen's CD performance. She said they hoped to give the Pride a bump in cruiser ratings

The CDs move around. Cookie is there from 3.31-6.30 then Malcom Burn takes over.

https://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CCL-ED.CD-Schedule-1.31.18.pdf

We are sailing on the Pride this September. Our last cruise had Saffie as the director and she was fine, but it will be nice to have someone else to compare. I've heard good things about Dr. E too.

Curious why they use a picture of the bartender from Love Boat (Princess) as the TBD. Would think they would have used Julie McCoy character instead.

[quote=pacruise804;55798738

Curious why they use a picture of the bartender from Love Boat (Princess) as the TBD. Would think they would have used Julie McCoy character instead.

Take another look and you see Julie pictured as well.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

:oYep, I missed her the first time. I don't know if it's because her picture is b/w and didn't stand out as much or if "Isaac's" mustache and smile was just too hard to miss:D . Still not sure why "Princess" crew on a Carnival ship - guess as good a place holder as any though.

Take another look and you see Julie pictured as well.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

He was the Director on our cruise last November on the Magic. I agree that he tended to constantly talk on the public address system a lot. The other issue I had was his extremely flippant attitude during the Muster Drill. Some people think this is some sort of needless and bothersome chore that they have to endure.

If you think that way, Google a roll on-roll off ship called the Herald of Free Enterprise. It was a ferry that crossed the English Channel between Zee Brugge, Belgium and Dover, England. Our friends from Great Britain should remember this incident from the late 1980's. Someone forgot to close a door securely and it filled with water about five minutes after leaving the dock. The ship immediately turned upside down. I can't remember how many people got killed in the accident. I went across the Channel a week later on a sister ship and saw the ship upside down in the harbor. Needless to say, it left a lasting impression on my wife and I and we take safety drills very seriously. I think a Cruise Director should too.

The CDs move around. Cookie is there from 3.31-6.30 then Malcom Burn takes over.

https://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CCL-ED.CD-Schedule-1.31.18.pdf

Whoever gets Cookie as a CD is in for a treat!! He is awesome! Sailed with him on Vista TA. He was Matt's sidekick and they were quite a team!!

Pat

:oYep, I missed her the first time. I don't know if it's because her picture is b/w and didn't stand out as much or if "Isaac's" mustache and smile was just too hard to miss:D . Still not sure why "Princess" crew on a Carnival ship - guess as good a place holder as any though.

Princess is a part of the Carnival family

He was the Director on our cruise last November on the Magic. I agree that he tended to constantly talk on the public address system a lot. The other issue I had was his extremely flippant attitude during the Muster Drill. Some people think this is some sort of needless and bothersome chore that they have to endure.

If you think that way, Google a roll on-roll off ship called the Herald of Free Enterprise. It was a ferry that crossed the English Channel between Zee Brugge, Belgium and Dover, England. Our friends from Great Britain should remember this incident from the late 1980's. Someone forgot to close a door securely and it filled with water about five minutes after leaving the dock. The ship immediately turned upside down. I can't remember how many people got killed in the accident. I went across the Channel a week later on a sister ship and saw the ship upside down in the harbor. Needless to say, it left a lasting impression on my wife and I and we take safety drills very seriously. I think a Cruise Director should too.

Liked him as a CD and his jokes during muster drill were funny at first but after awhile he just took the seriousness out of it.

Whoever gets Cookie as a CD is in for a treat!! He is awesome! Sailed with him on Vista TA. He was Matt's sidekick and they were quite a team!!

Pat

Just got off Magic this morning .

Cookie's first week on Magic.

He was a treat! Enjoyed him very much.

• 5 months later...
Malcom was phoning it in on freedom in Galveston on our last cruises with him, I hope he is better on a different ship.

Some years ago we sailed with Malcolm on his last week before vacation. Thought he was in a hurry to get off the ship and than when we docked back in Florida never saw anyone move move so fast.

Pat

So did we...MarQ and Nono were both on the Vista back then and they have their own ships to. It was a real all star cast. We had Cookie on the Liberty...honestly and this might not be a popular opinion but I think hes better than Matt ;p