Bringing alcohol on board in Galveston

I've cruised out of Galveston several times and have always brought the allowed per person wine amount, but I haven't cruised in two years, so I'd like to know if anything has changed with that. Also, in the past I have had an easy time getting extra, hidden alcohol on the ship; anyone know if it's still basically a non-issue? Thanks.

Are you cruising Carnival? If so 1 bottle of wine per adult is permitted in your carry on for embarkation. It had been a few years since we’d cruised as well. I will say that things seem to have changed a lot! They appear to be x-raying every single suitcase and opening and confiscating pretty much all alcohol from checked luggage. I would say you have less than a 50% chance of having checked alcohol making it to your cabin. It is definitely no longer a non issue, they are clamping down hard & they do not return what they take.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back Sunday from a cruise on the Breeze and they were way more thorough than on previous cruises. One of my wine bottles was a gift and the foil had some damage. They cut the foil and made sure the cork matched the bottle. Not something I'd normally expect them to do.

Also, in the past I have had an easy time getting extra, hidden alcohol on the ship; anyone know if it's still basically a non-issue? Thanks.

This is one of the reasons why they do not allow bottled water to be brought on the ship anymore.