Keukenhof Gardens- Amsterdam

4Lakes Lady

Fellow river cruisers- we will be in Amsterdam for 3 days following our Viking cruise next week. Is it necessary to purchase tickets to the gardens on line, prior to our arrival? I know we will be there near peak tulip time. Or are we safe waiting until we arrive to choose a good weather day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can buy combination tickets on the day you want to go. Online you will see combitickets which incl. traintransportation from Centraal Station to the airport and special bus to Keukenhof incl. entrance fee. (and back of course) Be aware the park closes on May 13. More here: https://keukenhof.nl/en/plan-your-visit/how-to-get-there/

I’m exhausted. I spent the afternoon at Keukenhof and a bulb farm nearby. It is everything that everyone says it is. One bed prettier than the next.

The morning tour I wanted was sold out last week, but I’m pretty happy with the afternoon tour. By the time we got there, a lot of the buses were leaving, so it wasn’t nearly as crowded later in the day. I’m glad I got there today, as our excursion is set for Wednesday when it’s supposed to be rainy and much colder. It was chilly even today at mid 50s and a brisk wind. I’m glad I had a hat.

Anyway, it’s a wonderful garden.

4F697569-C1F3-4A41-A18F-C0DA407067B0.jpeg.7072cab32c594d13e60a47b2dbfc3d8b.jpeg

EA2A38F8-5307-431D-8A0F-C116D0538B62.jpeg.95dd144741edcf045d7a7d520cf027df.jpeg

025E9C31-A0D5-4167-AFEF-EE6BE90C1CCD.jpeg.21caa9e790dd326c37e95be6e4b4f4be.jpeg

0EBBDEB7-5377-49F1-BCF2-8E1FCDCDD263.jpeg.17c4056da14c6fa39b6615375c4b611f.jpeg

Thank you everyone for your information! I have secured tickets even though I now know that peak tulip time will be past. However, I look forward to the experience as this will be my only opportunity to see the gardens.

Happy cruising!

Love the photos, Suzanne!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You might be ok. They told us that this year they are growing the bulbs “lasagna style” in layers so that once the flowers on the top tier are done, others will bloom to take their place. Also, there are lots or azaleas and rhododendrons not yet blooming. The different houses have orchids and other flowers that should still be in bloom. I’m sure you will still have a great visit.