Baltic cruise, Marella Discovery.

Mikeygp

Hi, my partner has booked our first cruise, I'm a bit apprehensive about being cooped up for 2 weeks with thousands of folk and queues etc.

We have selected a balcony cabin, been reading lots of reviews but can't find out if it has a fridge and not sure what can be taken on board, water etc, understand it's chargeable on board, not keen on tank water.

Hope someone can reassure me.

Mike.

It's not tank water- the water is made on board, to a high standard, on any ship these days ( the days of non- drinkable water on the old ferries has gone :) )

Thomson/Marella prices won't be too bad, as they charge pub prices for drinks, but if you fill a bottle with water and leave for the chlorine to evaporate, it should be fine...but it's always warmish, so store some in the fridge.

Don't worry about the crowds- every ship will have its quiet places, and you can sit and read in comfort. As for queuing..apart from the buffet sometimes, and occasionally if there's a coach load of people trying to get back on board at the same time, there's not much of that. There will always be a few hungry people standing outside the dining room doors ten minutes before the time...

Are you going out of Newcastle? We looked at Marella out of there.

Enjoy!

Thank you jocap for your message, we are leaving from Newcastle. We have booked a standard balcony cabin, but can't seem to see if it has a fridge, have emailed Tui and considering taking a mini fridge if not. Its all inclusive so regular beer and wine is included but not bottled water. Have been an independent traveler before so new experience for me.Thanks again for your information.

I googled the ship's name and fridge, and it doesn't look as though there is one in the ordinary cabins, just in the superior balcony ones... : A review from this site came up, and not having a fridge was mentioned for an inside cabin.

The water from the taps on the ship will be purer than the water in your home. Not sure where you get the idea about 'tank ' water.

Enjoy your cruise, but remember that a Marella cruise is very atypical. Other cruise lines will offer a different experience.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app