More fake service dog nonsense

wow...thread full of busybodies

If the dog isnt crapping, barking or biting around you who gives a damn? Mind your business and enjoy your vacation.

I give a damn because I have severe allergies to dog dander. A few dogs on the ship are okay. One dog having been quartered in the cabin I am currently boarded in will be uncomfortable, but I can handle it.

But if the ship ever becomes a floating kennel, will no longer be able cruise...dander pollution.

I am minding my business, but it is also a necessity to be aware of how your decisions impact others.

wow...thread full of busybodies

If the dog isnt crapping, barking or biting around you who gives a damn? Mind your business and enjoy your vacation.

Not all of us love dogs or emotionally stunted drunkards that need their pet with them on the ship.

Ok, what I would like to know where are these animals going to the bathroom?

I really agree that the ADA requirements need to be stronger. We go to Disney World very often ( husband works there) and now I'm seeing dogs in strollers, that's ridiculous. They can't go on the attractions so what do they do? I've been going there since it opened in "71" never have seen one dog in that time like have I seen them in the passed 2 years. I'm seeing the same in grogery stores. Yuk.

My husband and I would love to take our cats (which is a breed that you can't be allergic to) on a cruise. But we don't even try cause we respect the policies that cruise lines and businesses have. Why can't other people be respectful?

My thoughts to the person's son that had the dog placed in his face, start coughing, sneezing and itching until the cruise line would have to demand that the animal be restricted to their cabin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Yuk. And who cleans this? Thanks I'll not walk on any astroturf on a cruise ship. Dogs sometime have worms in their stool that can and will be contracted though bare feet of humans.

I posted a pic of the painted standard poodle here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2627478 saw it walk off and get on a shuttle as we were getting ready to board. My husband was behind a dog on Southwest on the way home. He is allergic, didn't have a choice. Full flight. Dealt with watery and itchy eyes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

on NOS now and an entitled buffoon walking around w his dog under his arm encouraging people to pet the dog. Not even one of those Amazon vests or pretending it’s a service dog. Got in an elevator w us and puts dog in my sons face. No thanks. Not sure who smelt worse the dog or the guy. Stay home w your “pets” not everyone thinks it’s cute. RCI really needs to get a backbone about this

He and his wife have 2 (bet he is same guy). They were walking dogs in a stroller down the Promenade and when someone comments, you are right they get them out to pet. No vest or other visual alert that the were service dogs.

Yuk. And who cleans this? Thanks I'll not walk on any astroturf on a cruise ship. Dogs sometime have worms in their stool that can and will be contracted though bare feet of humans.

The turf box is just that, a 4' x4' enclosed tray with astroturf or kitty litter, or similar, clearly marked as the service animal's relief area, not someplace you would normally walk through. Crew clean this daily, at a minimum, and all "material" is red bagged and incinerated.

There is no AstroTurf that you walk on on Navigator. There are two boxes of what look like wood chippings in deck 4 well away from everyone.

I have absolutely no issue with proper service dogs being onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the news with the dog bitting the woman on the subway.

At a minimum, the cruise line should require a muzzle on all dogs in public places. At least Fido couldn’t eat off the table. If the muzzle is removed by the owner, the owner and dog should be quarantined till debarkation.

Hard on the true service animals but do believe they have been trained to a muzzle.

Just watched the news with the dog bitting the woman on the subway.

At a minimum, the cruise line should require a muzzle on all dogs in public places. At least Fido couldn’t eat off the table. If the muzzle is removed by the owner, the owner and dog should be quarantined till debarkation.

Hard on the true service animals but do believe they have been trained to a muzzle.

What a silly and uneducated comment. You do that and completely take away the service of some true service dogs.

My cousin is 23 and wheelchair bound. His service dog is the only way he can be independent, the dog picks up things his dropped, helps him get dressed among other things, but as dogs haven't developed human hands with thumbs yet, he needs his mouth to do the service he is trained in!

You require a muzzle and my cousin would be in quarantine because his help would be useless.

What a silly and uneducated comment. You do that and completely take away the service of some true service dogs.

My cousin is 23 and wheelchair bound. His service dog is the only way he can be independent, the dog picks up things his dropped, helps him get dressed among other things, but as dogs haven't developed human hands with thumbs yet, he needs his mouth to do the service he is trained in!

You require a muzzle and my cousin would be in quarantine because his help would be useless.

This!