Mariner 11/5/18 Cruise Chartered

LeeW

Just got notice of this 4 day cruise being chartered. Terms below:

Option 1: Re-book Selected Sailings

• Re-book one of the following 2018 Mariner of the Seas sailings: 10/15, 10/22, 11/12. These cruises are all 4 night Bahamas itineraries, which visit Cococay and Nassau, Bahamas. Guests will have one free day onboard to relax before you return home.

• Or re-book one of the following 2018 Mariner of the Seas sailings: 10/12, 10/19, 11/9, 11/16. These cruises are all 3 night Bahamas itineraries that visit Cococay and Nassau, Bahamas.

• Their original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items

• And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom: $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

• Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

• Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights)

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

• Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date

• And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom: $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

• Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

• Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights)

Option 3: If they choose to cancel, we will be sad to see them go

• We will process a full refund to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit

Me too. I booked a non-refundable pre-cruise hotel the night before with points total price ($262.32). I haven't called yet, still deciding new dates but I hope they will reimburse for the hotel as well because I am out of that money due to them bumping us for a charter. It is not mentioned in the notice.

Wouldn’t cruise Insurance cover this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even if you had already bought insurance that includes pre-cruise lodging you still get to pay for the insurance. Many folks don't buy insurance until final payment since the cruise costs are fully reimbursable up to then (except new non-refundable deposit which for this cancellation is being reimbursed).

Enchantment sails the same dates, but it goes out of Port Canaveral. So does Disney Dream. Couple of ships to Cuba as well. More options if you don't mind getting back on 11/10 or later.

I don't add cruise insurance until final payment. In my opinion, a charter is Royal choosing one customer over another...to fill their ships....I think it stinks on their part.....six months before a cruise people are in the planning stages, booking air, hotels, arrangements etc. I feel like Royal should have better criteria for charters (booking a year ahead....not 6 months) so they don't ruin people's vacations and costs them money. They canceled on us to take another customer. Morally they should refund or re-book my hotel for the date of the cruise I move to and I hope they will do the right thing. We will see.

It's all about the $$$....those with the most potential benefit win. Charters pay more for their cabins than on a regular cruise, and they can boost prices for everything...since they have a "captive" audience.

Most hotel bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours in advance...pretty sure you won't lose on your room this far out!

It's all about the $$$....those with the most potential benefit win. Charters pay more for their cabins than on a regular cruise, and they can boost prices for everything...since they have a "captive" audience.

Most hotel bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours in advance...pretty sure you won't lose on your room this far out!

Unfortunately I will, I used my Capitol One points and this particular booking was non-refundable.

Is the hotel booking transferable?

I have to call when we decide on new date. I have family who were also booked and we are waiting for them to agree on a new date. The documentation on confirmation email for the hotel says "This rate is non-refundable. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment."

I was on the November 2-5 and it was cancelled as well. We had a group booking with one of our local bands performing on the ship. We haven't gotten anything from Royal yet, but our travel agent has. The only reason we were going was because of the band as I certainly had no reason to go back to Nassau. Very frustrating that RCCI can cancel essentially because they feel like it.

I was on the November 2-5 and it was cancelled as well. We had a group booking with one of our local bands performing on the ship. We haven't gotten anything from Royal yet, but our travel agent has. The only reason we were going was because of the band as I certainly had no reason to go back to Nassau. Very frustrating that RCCI can cancel essentially because they feel like it.

Yep! I was bumped off a Norwegian sailing last year. Just my luck. And yet I booked another cruise and switched back to Royal because of it, go figure! Its the only vacation entity that will cancel your vacation to give to someone else. It's terrible.

Hmmm maybe you have not viewed options for hotels in the last decade. Most hotels offer a non refundable attractive price up front, which tend to require payment right away.

Hmmm maybe you have not viewed options for hotels in the last decade. Most hotels offer a non refundable attractive price up front, which tend to require payment right away.

Why the sarcasm? Not needed. And why not read through the thread before you “try” to be smart.......Capital One POINTS were used to book the hotel AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE. The points hotel purchase equal $262.xx

I have to call when we decide on new date. I have family who were also booked and we are waiting for them to agree on a new date. The documentation on confirmation email for the hotel says "This rate is non-refundable. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment."

It could be because you used points to book the room?

I would call the hotel, explain your situation and ask if they can move your stay to the new cruise nights. Many times the answer will be yes. If you don't ask it certainly won't happen

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Why the sarcasm? Not needed. And why not read through the thread before you “try” to be smart.......Capital One POINTS were used to book the hotel AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE. The points hotel purchase equal $262.xx

Why don’t you pay attention to who I quoted? I’m agreeing with the OP!!

Also... READING what I said would be helpful as well. FYI I read the whole thread.

Just got notice of this 4 day cruise being chartered. Terms below:

Option 1: Re-book Selected Sailings

• Re-book one of the following 2018 Mariner of the Seas sailings: 10/15, 10/22, 11/12. These cruises are all 4 night Bahamas itineraries, which visit Cococay and Nassau, Bahamas. Guests will have one free day onboard to relax before you return home.

• Or re-book one of the following 2018 Mariner of the Seas sailings: 10/12, 10/19, 11/9, 11/16. These cruises are all 3 night Bahamas itineraries that visit Cococay and Nassau, Bahamas.

You could also book the 3-night 10/5 cruise (Columbus Day weekend). We are on that cruise,

Maybe after you book a cruise RCI should put your cabin out to bid. If someone is willing to pay more for it than you did why shouldn't RCI go for the extra money? They want their customers locked into a contract as early before the sailing date as possible.... until it doesn't suit RCI's needs any longer.