New Itineraries Posted

SeaShark

It figures since she lost her forward observatory lounge recently. Alaska cruises will book better with a ship with a forward observatory lounge. Plus the Star is getting older and her destiny probably lies with shorter distance itineraries...

One wonders why NCL waited two years to make this change... If any itinerary demands a forward observatory lounge, its an Alaskan itinerary... I anticipated this change earlier...

Looks like NCL has released some of the 2012-2013 schedule on their website...

Looks like the Star is going to be doing Bermuda out of New York while the Jewel will spend the Summer in Alaska with the Pearl.

Excellent. I'm happy to see a different ship cruising out of NY, even if she is missing our favorite forward lounge.

Where did you find the new itineraries on their website? I just tried doing a vacation search there and couldn't get anything for Bermuda in 2012 to come up. :confused:

Excellent. I'm happy to see a different ship cruising out of NY, even if she is missing our favorite forward lounge.

Where did you find the new itineraries on their website? I just tried doing a vacation search there and couldn't get anything for Bermuda in 2012 to come up. :confused:

Margaret, I just put in the date range May 2012 - April 2013 and let it show me everything. I see the Dawn still doing Bermuda to Boston, the Star NYC to Bermuda, the Jewel and Pearl both doing Seattle to Alaska, and then Sky and PofA itineraries...

The Star and Dawn profitability are hurt by not having family suites the Jewel, Jade, Pearl, and Gem have with their courtyard villas... Putting them in place where the underused forward observatory lounge is sound financially as there are other lounges aboard the ship with more business than the forward observatory lounge... With most of the other itineraries there isn't the wonderful forward views compared to Alaska...

I don't mind the loss of the forward observatory lounge on these two ships as much as these ships should not be doing an Alaskan itinerary without a forward observatory lounge...

Looks like NCL has released some of the 2012-2013 schedule on their website...

Looks like the Star is going to be doing Bermuda out of New York while the Jewel will spend the Summer in Alaska with the Pearl.

There seems to be a huge gap before it shows up in Alaska?

PE

There seems to be a huge gap before it shows up in Alaska?

PE

How large is that gap? Itineraries should be posted currently to at least April 2012... Keep in mind the last itineraries usually posted for the next year, summer to summer, are reposition cruises starting usually with the spring relocation...

Margaret, I just put in the date range May 2012 - April 2013 and let it show me everything. I see the Dawn still doing Bermuda to Boston, the Star NYC to Bermuda, the Jewel and Pearl both doing Seattle to Alaska, and then Sky and PofA itineraries...

Thanks, that worked! :)

How large is that gap? Itineraries should be posted currently to at least April 2012... Keep in mind the last itineraries usually posted for the next year, summer to summer, are reposition cruises starting usually with the spring relocation...

The gap has narrowed significantly. I guess I caught it just before they loaded an update.

The gap is now April 28, 2012 (in NY) till May 26, 2012 (in Seattle). That would possible count for a NY to Miami repo of about 2 weeks and then a Miami to Seattle repo through the Panama Canal.

I will have to keep my eyes open for the NY to Miami leg since there are no NY to Miami repos for the fall of 2011.

PE

Part of the Press Release:

"Norwegian Cruise Line today announced its 2012/2013 deployment and itineraries for Alaska, Bermuda, Hawai'i and short cruises to the Bahamas. For the first time, the 2,376-passenger Norwegian Jewel will sail Alaska's Inside Passage joining Norwegian Pearl which is sailing to Glacier Bay from Seattle. In Bermuda, the 2,348-passenger Norwegian Star will sail to Bermuda for the first time from her new homeport in New York City."

A new ship for NYC cruisers to experience Bermuda! Although very similar to the Dawn.

Nice to know the Dawn will be sticking around in Boston for a couple of seasons. Should be interesting that the Star will be doing the NYC to BDA run though. Doesn't sound like NCL is globe trotting too much with their ships. I was hoping for something new and exciting like an exotics itinerary out there somewhere. :(

At least the Jewel is going some place new. Might consider a cruise to Alaska since she'll be there. Who knows where in the world all my crew friends will be by then though! :cool:

Wonder what the Norwegian Sun is up to at that point??? I didn't see any mention of her on here yet. Anyone got the dirt on that? :D

Part of the Press Release:

"Norwegian Cruise Line today announced its 2012/2013 deployment and itineraries for Alaska, Bermuda, Hawai'i and short cruises to the Bahamas. For the first time, the 2,376-passenger Norwegian Jewel will sail Alaska's Inside Passage joining Norwegian Pearl which is sailing to Glacier Bay from Seattle. In Bermuda, the 2,348-passenger Norwegian Star will sail to Bermuda for the first time from her new homeport in New York City."

A new ship for NYC cruisers to experience Bermuda! Although very similar to the Dawn.

This is very good news!

Although we have cruised from NY to Bermuda on the NCL Crown back in 1998, we generally like to try different ships.

We loved the Dawn and I hear the Star is very similar. I believe from what I've read on this website they moved the Spinaker lounge (a favorite of many) to a less disirable location and I think the Star has a waterslide into a main pool and the Dawn does not.

Also, when I went to Bermuda on the Crown we stopped at St George and Hamilton. Most larger ships can only go to Kings Wharf. I believe HAL has the Veendam going to St. George and Hamilton bevause she is only 50,000+ GRT.

I was never a big Spinnaker person during the day, so I don't mind the change. Sailing her in September for the Coastal, will see how I like the new suite.

One thing nice about the new suites on 12, they are probably the most reasonably priced suites with full suite privileges on NCL!

The slides don't really go into the pool, just into a little kiddy splashdown area. And they don't have much water in them, they are really slow. It was pretty funny to see me scooting my giant body down the thing. I think they are really for kids.

Archived