Carnival Liberty Eastern - Which Side Balcony?

Roma Belle

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty Eastern next year and are trying to figure out which side of the ship we should book. This is our first time trying a balcony.

I am an early riser and would love to sit out on the balcony to watch us come into ports. Is there one side of the ship that has more to look at in the mornings, or are there certain reasons not too book a certain side (ie outside (or inside from other decks) noise?

We are looking exclusively at the Empress Deck 8C category if that helps.

Thanks!

You will love the balcony! But it will spoil you! I don't think it makes much difference if you are located port or starboard. Port side you will get morning sun in the early days of your cruise, but not as much returning. Ship's can birth on either side and may switch the next time they are in the same port. It's my understanding that the pilot makes that call. On certain cruises (like a transatlantic) one side may have sunrises and the other sunsets,but what side will be the dock side is a guess. You could consider a upgrade to 9c aft wrap around to get more than a 180 degree view. Either side..enjoy your cruise.

Archived