on which ships have you seen..

cathhduh

the ultimate drink package.

i figured with the help of all the amazing CC members we could put a list together strictly on which ships have so far been offering the ultimate beverage package!

would love for this thread to be debate free, there are already two threads going around that people are debating on whether this is a package is a good idea etc, and strictly on facts.

if you just got off a ship that was offering the ultimate beverage package, what did the package include!

there have been alot of different answers as far as limits (up to $10 or up to $6 drinks) which is understandable since this project is still in beta.

thanks everyone! happy sailing!

The Pearl had it 2 weeks ago. I didn't buy it so can't give u details except everyone in the room must buy it and under 21 in room must buy soda package.

awesome thanks!

i think starting a list like this will be excellent for all our CC members, we are all trying to collect info about this so help your fellow CC members out and share what youve seen!

The Jewel offered it on the 12/9 cruise. I wasn't interested and didn't think to ask details.

When I was buying my son's soda card, they asked if I wanted soda only or juice also. I don't remember the price, but it did jump up quite a bit. I don't remember a juice option before.

We were on the Epic Dec. 1-8 and they offered the package.

Wines by the glass up to $10 per glass and frankly, I found only one glass OVER $10 that I might have also liked. The wines they have by the glass were perfectly fine.

After dinner liquors up to $6.25 per. That includes Drambuie (my fav) and others. Probably not too many cognacs or brandies but some I'm sure. Since I'm not a fan of either of those I can't comment specifically.

The bartender mentioned that you couldn't get Grey Goose under the program but as to what other call drinks would not be included he didn't say.

At first we thought it would be a good idea but with our Drambuie and Fra Angelico costing only $6.25 per drink, we would REALLY have to drink a lot of wine and other froo-froo drinks during the day to make it worth $100 a day.

Since we're back on the Epic next October for the transatlantic it might make sense with all those sea days. We definitely wouldn't get it on a port-intensive cruise.

Kathy

We were on the Epic Dec. 1-8 and they offered the package.

Wines by the glass up to $10 per glass and frankly, I found only one glass OVER $10 that I might have also liked. The wines they have by the glass were perfectly fine.

After dinner liquors up to $6.25 per. That includes Drambuie (my fav) and others. Probably not too many cognacs or brandies but some I'm sure. Since I'm not a fan of either of those I can't comment specifically.

The bartender mentioned that you couldn't get Grey Goose under the program but as to what other call drinks would not be included he didn't say.

At first we thought it would be a good idea but with our Drambuie and Fra Angelico costing only $6.25 per drink, we would REALLY have to drink a lot of wine and other froo-froo drinks during the day to make it worth $100 a day.

Since we're back on the Epic next October for the transatlantic it might make sense with all those sea days. We definitely wouldn't get it on a port-intensive cruise.

Kathy

so just to make sure i understand correctly?

the price limit during the day is higher than the price limit at night?

and the official list

spirit

star

jewel

pearl

epic

so just to make sure i understand correctly?

the price limit during the day is higher than the price limit at night?

and the official list

spirit

star

jewel

pearl

epic

Add the Sky to the list. Purchased 11/26 on the 4 day. The poster meant have to drink more per day to make worthwhile. Wife drank Ketal cosmo's no problem. Everything I ordered was inc. White Russians. Bushwackers, Dark & Stormy. Absolute martini's. and more, can't remember. LOL

Add the Sky to the list. Purchased 11/26 on the 4 day. The poster meant have to drink more per day to make worthwhile. Wife drank Ketal cosmo's no problem. Everything I ordered was inc. White Russians. Bushwackers, Dark & Stormy. Absolute martini's. and more, can't remember. LOL

good to know thanks, the people im traveling with will have no trouble with the idea of drinking more per day to make it worth it! :D

unofficial-official list:

spirit

star

jewel

pearl

epic

sky

Cathhduh,

I'm sorry if I left the impression that drinks during the day were a better deal. I'm sure you can order a mixed drink at night but what the limit, dollar-wise is, I'm just not sure.

I guess because my interest was in what wines they had by the glass and did they include my favorite after dinner drink (Drambuie), I really didn't get into specific prices for mixed drinks, martinis, etc., with the bartender. He answered my questions and I didn't pursue any other options/drinks. Sorry:o

Kathy

Cathhduh,

Recieved an e-mail, from Cruise Critic yesterday. below is copied and pasted.

Norwegian Cruise Line

drinks-package-ncl.jpgShips: Seen by Cruise Critic members on Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Sky

Package Details: A Norwegian spokesperson confirmed the line is testing an alcohol-inclusive drink package on select ships for $49 per person, per day. Several ships are testing it at different times, and details are not final. Cruise Critic members are reporting that a 15 percent gratuity is added to the total package price. Their reports indicate that the “Ultimate Beverage Package” includes all house, call and premium beverages at bars, lounges and restaurants, and on the line's private island; wine by the glass up to $10; bottled beer priced under $5.50 and draft up to 16 oz., fountain soda and juices.

Fine Print: Only one drink is allowed per passenger per order. All passengers sharing a cabin or using the same payment method (i.e., kids you stuck in the inside cabin across the hall) must purchase the beverage package. For kids two and up, that means buying the soda package instead. The package does not include room service, super and ultra premium brands, wine or liquor by bottle, minibar purchases, freshly squeezed juice, canned soda or energy drinks, specialty coffee or bottled water

Cathhduh,

I'm sorry if I left the impression that drinks during the day were a better deal. I'm sure you can order a mixed drink at night but what the limit, dollar-wise is, I'm just not sure.

I guess because my interest was in what wines they had by the glass and did they include my favorite after dinner drink (Drambuie), I really didn't get into specific prices for mixed drinks, martinis, etc., with the bartender. He answered my questions and I didn't pursue any other options/drinks. Sorry:o

Kathy

nothing to be sorry about! thanks for the information

and thank you also Rounder!

happy holidays everyone!

We're on the Dawn in May & love the idea of a drinks package but to make an informed decision, I need to know what the price is for individual drinks. Does anyone have that information? We generally drink Absolut & tonic with an occasional Michelob Ultra, Bailey's, or Chambord.

We're on the Dawn in May & love the idea of a drinks package but to make an informed decision, I need to know what the price is for individual drinks. Does anyone have that information? We generally drink Absolut & tonic with an occasional Michelob Ultra, Bailey's, or Chambord.

Hello Phoenix. If you look at the list that I linked to from a previous thread, most of your questions should be answered. The poster took a picture of the actual beers and liquors included in the price.

We'll be getting the package when we sail on the Breakaway in July.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758284

Archived