Mini Review of Guy's Burger Joint

thecruiserofships

Guy's Burger Joint is really good and now I wish for it every cruise. I had the chance to try it for the first time on the Carnival Triumph after it received it following the extended dry-dock. Unfortunately not all ships have Guy's Burger Joint.

I wrote a review on my blog about Guy's Burger Joint and the "Straight Up" burger and thought I would share it here!

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/01/review-ofcarnivals-guys-burger-joint.html

Have you tried Guy's Burger Joint?

What did you have? Did you like or dislike it?

Very tasty review.;)

We really liked Guy's Burgers on the Glory last summer. My biggest wish is that they would serve

the onion rings as an order instead of just as a topping for their burgers. One day I got an "order" of them.

Another day I was told they are only there only as a topping and couldn't be served by themselves.

I liked all the new options especially the taco bar. Guy's was good but the taco bar was great.

Guy's Burger Joint is really good and now I wish for it every cruise. I had the chance to try it for the first time on the Carnival Triumph after it received it following the extended dry-dock. Unfortunately not all ships have Guy's Burger Joint.

I wrote a review on my blog about Guy's Burger Joint and the "Straight Up" burger and thought I would share it here!

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/01/review-ofcarnivals-guys-burger-joint.html

I thought it was much better then the previous Carnival burgers. My only issue was there was a tendency to over cook the meat leaving you with a patty with crispy edges

I thought it was much better then the previous Carnival burgers. My only issue was there was a tendency to over cook the meat leaving you with a patty with crispy edges

Absolutely! Now....this is NEVER going to happen....but IF we could get them cooked to order they would be darn near perfect. ;) :D

TRUE - and I'm afraid it's one of the things we are really going to miss when we are on the Miracle in a few weeks. I know the Miracle has lots of choices - but I still think we will notice not having Guy's available. :o

Very tasty review.;)

We really liked Guy's Burgers on the Glory last summer. My biggest wish is that they would serve

the onion rings as an order instead of just as a topping for their burgers. One day I got an "order" of them.

Another day I was told they are only there only as a topping and couldn't be served by themselves.

I liked all the new options especially the taco bar. Guy's was good but the taco bar was great.

I also think onion rings would be good.

I did not have a chance to try the Blue Iguana burritos and tacos. I hear they were good, but I guess I will have to try one next time! :)

Very tasty review.;)

Also dont understand why they put the onion ring inside the bun. Nice crispy ring and they want to make it soggy.

Learned to ask them to put it on the side and add a few extra and most we ever got was 3.

I am in the minority because I do not like Guy's Burgers. Too much grease for me. Had a hard time last month on the Conquest sitting on the lido deck or even passing through because of the smell. The smell of the grease from the burgers cooking was overwhelming and nauseating.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I am in the minority because I do not like Guy's Burgers. Too much grease for me. Had a hard time last month on the Conquest sitting on the lido deck or even passing through because of the smell. The smell of the grease from the burgers cooking was overwhelming and nauseating.

I too thought they were too greasy. We're going on the Sunshine this summer and will try them again. Some reviewers have mentioned their not as greasy any more. I think since I rarely eat fast food or greasy food that I'm just too sensitive.:confused: Its a shame because I really want to enjoy these burgers like everyone else.

We haven't tried Guy's yet, but are looking forward to the opportunity in a few weeks. My husband has yet to complain about any hamburger meat being too greasy. In fact, he dislikes when meat is too lean because he says some of the best flavor is in the fat. His idea of a custom grind at the supermarket is to take regular 73/27 and ask them to throw extra fat in the mix. So your complaint will likely be his rave.

We haven't tried Guy's yet, but are looking forward to the opportunity in a few weeks. My husband has yet to complain about any hamburger meat being too greasy. In fact, he dislikes when meat is too lean because he says some of the best flavor is in the fat. His idea of a custom grind at the supermarket is to take regular 73/27 and ask them to throw extra fat in the mix. So your complaint will likely be his rave.

I think I found my new best friend. :). What state does your husband live in? Lol.

Can you order just fries? wish they served something besides burgers. like a fish sandwich

Yes. You can get just fries.

I like to get a plate of fries, then walk over to Blue Iguana and get them covered with Carne Asada and cheese with all my favorite toppings. Like nachos but with fries instead of chips. .

Wow a cardiologists delight. I think they use a 80/20 mix and that is plenty enough fat for me

There's one huge problem with Guy's burgers and I don't understand it at all!

Why must they close at 6:00?

You think that's bad?

The Burrito Bar opens (I think) only from 1:00 til 4:00 p.m. :eek:

I hear Guy's mushrooms are very good too

and I'm longing to try the Guy's chips: they're those special brown ones, dusted with Magic!

Yes. You can get just fries.

I like to get a plate of fries, then walk over to Blue Iguana and get them covered with Carne Asada and cheese with all my favorite toppings. Like nachos but with fries instead of chips. .

great suggestion, as well as the one from happy cruizin about the fish sandwich. Thanks!

I love Guy's. I rarely eat their burgers though. I order the fries "plain". No seasoning. Then go to the fixins bar and pile on the mushrooms. I just love them. Got to wait til September for my next one.

Edited by deborahjo