Drink punch cards?

notgramps

I have read about a 10 drink punch card that are sold on RCL, usually around the second day. I don't feel that the drink packages would be a good deal for us, but this sounds interesting. Does anyone know about these? Are they offered on Oasis 7 night cruises?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They were offered to us on day 3 or 4 for $79 plus tip so the total was about $93. We were on Oasis on the Jan 2nd sailing. I felt it was still a good deal seeing drinks were in the $10 to $14 range. Don't buy beer with them tho, then they wouldn't be worth it.

I have read about a 10 drink punch card that are sold on RCL, usually around the second day. I don't feel that the drink packages would be a good deal for us, but this sounds interesting. Does anyone know about these? Are they offered on Oasis 7 night cruises?

Thanks.

The drink cards are experimental right now. You cannot depend on them being offered.

We are off the Jan 30th Oasis sailing and this card was offered on Day 4 of our cruise. $93.22 after tip. You save a few dollars when buying mixed drinks like Pina Coladas, Mojitos, etc. as they are $12.98 each after gratuities. As Whitshel said, not worth it if you're a beer drinker.

Happy cruising!

I would be very interested in buying one of these. I like to have a few drinks while I am on a cruise, but I can't justify buying the unlimited package, as that just seems too excessive. 10 drinks at roughly $10 apiece is something I would likely do, though.

Quite a few years ago on Voyager of the seas they offered punch cards at the Champagne Bar for 10 champagne drinks for $50. It was wonderful - only time we had that. I bought one and my husband said, you will never drink all that - of course I did:)

Is this actually a card or do they add the drinks to your sea pass?

It is an actual card that they punch a hole in when you get a drink. Be careful not to lose it!

The first time we used it, the bartender also swiped my seapass card, he said for inventory and showed me the receipt showing a -12.98 for the drink. The next bartender at the same bar didn't even take our seapass. The third time we used it, at the Rising Tides bar, the server noticed our folio # was left blank on the back and filled it in (I suppose this would prevent someone from finding your card and using it if the server also swiped your seapass at the same time).

Edited by JillK

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Presently sailing Oasis and got the promo on my tv messages, I believe on the

4th day--10 for less than $80.

Can they be used for Martinis, as some Martinis were $12.95 plus gratuity totaling $15.28? O back offers a Key Lime Martini with a Graham Cracker rim glass only $4.00! (:

On Vision, they could be used for any drink that the Premium package would cover.

There's a thread with tons of pictures from a recent 11 day cruise on Serenade of the Seas and the pics included the compass daily "deals". On that cruise they started selling these on day 4. We're on a 10 day on Serenade in April and hope they offer these. We take advantage of the diamond perk of 3 free drinks in the evening so this will certainly be a nice option for us for cocktails at other times.

• 5 months later...

We will be sailing "Liberty of the Seas on 28-Aug-16 from Galveston". I spoke to RCI customer service today regarding availability of 10 drink punch cards on the day of boarding (first day), she mentioned it will be available on the day of boarding from any bars. Have anyone bought this before? Someone cruising on the day of boarding 7-Aug-16 or 14-Aug-16, post your comments please.....

We will be sailing "Liberty of the Seas on 28-Aug-16 from Galveston". I spoke to RCI customer service today regarding availability of 10 drink punch cards on the day of boarding (first day), she mentioned it will be available on the day of boarding from any bars. Have anyone bought this before? Someone cruising on the day of boarding 7-Aug-16 or 14-Aug-16, post your comments please.....

That may be a new change or they are incorrect....typically have been available day 3/4 if available on day 1 than good on RCI

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk