Oasis of the seas - Current Beer list

jimmaher

I just got off the ship and it seemed the Globe and Atlas Pub had the best selection of beer. I don't have a picture but this list I found online is accurate:

Beers of the World

Crisp, Clean & Refreshing

Bud Light 16 oz. USA Pale Ale 7.25

Corona Mexico Pale Lager 6.95

Dos Equis Mexico Pale Lager 6.95

Estrella Dam Spain Pale Lager 7.25

Heineken The Netherlands Pale Lager 6.95

Heineken Light The Netherlands Pale Lager 6.95

Molson Canada Pale Lager 6.95

Red Stripe Jamaica Pale Lager 6.95

Prime Pilsners & Luxe Lagers

Grolsch Germany Pilsner 7.25

Kingfisher Premium India Lager 7.25

Pilsner Urquell Czech Republic Pilsner 6.95

Good for What Ales You

Bass Ale England English Ale 6.95

Boddingtons England English Ale 7.25

Redhook Long Hammer USA India Pale Ale 7.25

Sierra Nevada USA American Pale Ale 7.25

Stone IPA USA Indian Pale Ale 7.25

Golden Wheat

Paulaner Weiss Germany Hefeweizen 6.95

Brawny Browns

Guinness Ireland Stout 7.25

Negra Modelo Mexico Lager 7.25

Newcastle England Brown Ale 6.95

Paulaner Salvator Double Bock Germany Doppelbock 7.95

Belgian spirit

Blue Moon USA Belgian White Ale 6.95

Leffe Blonde Belgium Belgian White 7.25

Stella Artois Belgium Pilsner 6.95

Second Cousins

Crispin USA Cider 7.25

Estrelle Damm Spain Gluten Free 7.25

Strongbow England Dry Cider 6.95

No Shiner?! :eek: This Texas girl may not make it and I know DH won't. This is our first cruise not sailing from Texas and it didn't even occur to us that we won't have Shiner onboard. Darn it. Oh well, I am sure we'll find something to drink ;p

When inside I have no problem knowing I need to swing by the Globe & Atlas everytime I want an ale. What about when outside? Is there any hope of getting ANY of the ales at a pool or solarium bar?

Out at the pool bar and boardwalk I only remember seeing the basics (Bud light, Miller light, Corona, Red Stripe, etc.). I never made it to the solarium bar.

Just off. Globe and Altas only good beer bar. I saw someone with a Sierra Nevada around the Pool Bar on Day 2. But on embarcation, the barkeep said no craft beer. Taps were all Bud, Heineken or Newcastle Brown. Pool bar did have Rittenhouse Rye!!! Didn't find that inside. Solarium had Heineken and newcastle on tap. Maybe one of the Buds or Coors in aluminum bottles. G&A barkeep said they didn't carry Dogfish head. So just grab a can of Stones at G&A and head where ever you want. SN PA is in a glass bottle.

I know they had Paulaner Weiss at at least some of the pool bars and I believe also Sierra Nevada. The pub’s list is okay but could be better, IMO too many things that taste basically the same. They may occasionally have some special beers available that are not on the menu. Also, the Boddingtons they had in December was the Draught Bitter which is 3.5% ABV as opposed to the 4.6% ABV Pub Ale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I know it doesn't really make any sense for the lines to carry a good selection, but it's always so disappointing the choices are so terrible.

I've only found a decent selection on NCL Escape at their beer bar.

I know it doesn't really make any sense for the lines to carry a good selection, but it's always so disappointing the choices are so terrible.

I've only found a decent selection on NCL Escape at their beer bar.

The Quantum Class ships had "Michaels Genuine Pub" which had (has for another couple weeks?) a slightly more US-craft-focused beer list, but they are being turned into the British Pub concept from the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships.

Yeah, I think the NCL Breakaway + Class ships with their District Brewhouses are the only mass market ships with a decent beer selection, especially on tap.

Considering they seem to do well for NCL, I'm surprised RCI hasn't upped the game in at least their British Pubs (then again, at least now they have 3 bottled/canned IPAs... in 2015 it was just Red Hook IPA, and some hoppy ale from Brewdog that wasn't really an IPA nor particularly good).

That being said, having recently been on Breakaway, the beer list on RCI ships with British pubs is still a tiny step up from any NCL ship without a District Brewhouse.

Ugh... Hopefully they stock enough Stone and Sierra Nevada... I just wish Royal Caribbean would treat Beer with the same respect as they treat the wine list. The Gastropub on Celebrity Equinox had a pretty decent beer list. Sierra, Dogfish, lagunatis, etc....

Most American craft beers are to niche for a general beer drinking public. And many quite frankly are too much with over the top styles (I’m talking to you fruity beers and overly hoppy beers). It is hard to really know what you are getting with them in many cases and different ingredients hit each person differently so many of the craft beers cause headaches, stomachs aches, etc for varying types of people.

Regardless, it makes zero financial sense to carry too many sku s for a place like a ship to do well selling them.

I would love a little more variety too but maybe just some more mainstream options (like more euro beers) available at all bars not just the pub. Boddingtons, bass, Newcastle, guniess, and maybe a good brutish ale like fullers London Pride. Throw In some German beers to like hofbrau original, etc. and then some more well known American craft beers. That would be a nice bump up.

Most American craft beers are to niche for a general beer drinking public. And many quite frankly are too much with over the top styles (I’m talking to you fruity beers and overly hoppy beers). It is hard to really know what you are getting with them in many cases and different ingredients hit each person differently so many of the craft beers cause headaches, stomachs aches, etc for varying types of people.

Regardless, it makes zero financial sense to carry too many sku s for a place like a ship to do well selling them.

I would love a little more variety too but maybe just some more mainstream options (like more euro beers) available at all bars not just the pub. Boddingtons, bass, Newcastle, guniess, and maybe a good brutish ale like fullers London Pride. Throw In some German beers to like hofbrau original, etc. and then some more well known American craft beers. That would be a nice bump up.

Too many Sku's are tough to handle and freshness of beers is very important.

I just wish they would stay away from the InBev Beers - Bud, Bud Light, Boddingtons, Bass, Corona, Stella, Leffe, Becks, Hoegaarden, etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_InBev_brands

They are all the McDonald's and Walmart's of beer..

I wish they had a bigger variety as well, but the sad truth is, the majority stick with the Bud or Coors. I could sit in a pub, with 400 different beers, and half the people would be drinking Budweiser, Coors or Pabst. I can't understand.

I agree... I love trying different beers and Breweries.. Always looking for something new to try

NCL seems to manage quite a few craft brews in their District venue. It was the best part of sailing with them. I think 60 or so sku's. I'm surprised they don't carry more, actually. It's not difficult to carry a ton of sku's of craft beer in a single venue.

NCL seems to manage quite a few craft brews in their District venue. It was the best part of sailing with them. I think 60 or so sku's. I'm surprised they don't carry more, actually. It's not difficult to carry a ton of sku's of craft beer in a single venue.

I might have to look in NCL just for the reason.

I might have to look in NCL just for the reason.

If that's a big deal for you, then check out NCL Escape. I personally did not enjoy the Escape for many other reasons, but some people absolutely love it. The view from the District is stellar, too, as is the waterfront promenade which is a killer feature. If you are all about drinking and dining, they do this extremely well.

The District was amazing on the Getaway, by far my most favorite bar on any ship I've been on. Craft cocktails (some barrel aged!), crazy good (for a cruise ship) beer selection, good views, and great music. I only wish it was open more often.

If that's a big deal for you, then check out NCL Escape. I personally did not enjoy the Escape for many other reasons, but some people absolutely love it. The view from the District is stellar, too, as is the waterfront promenade which is a killer feature. If you are all about drinking and dining, they do this extremely well.

The Bliss also has The District Brewhouse, and I expect the Encore will as well.

None of the other ships have one, though.

• 4 months later...

On board now.... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is at almost all of the bars... The globe and Atlas have a few. Mainly Dogfish 90 and Stone IPA. Wish the beer list was better... Only thing I can do is talk to the beverage manager and mention it on the surveys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app