What has changed since 2015?

telli01

The short answer is: a lot.

No more tablecloths except on formal night.

No more breakfast/lunch/dinner on sea days -- just Sea Day Brunch and dinner.

Cheers is still a great bargain though slightly more expensive than when it debuted.

They keep trying to cut cabin service from twice to once, but you can still request twice-daily service.

There are fewer roving bartenders.

Quite a bit more, I'm sure, that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Have there been any big changes since early 2015? We last sailed in March 2015 and will be sailing again in March 2019. Any info you can give me would be great! Thanks!
Better just to be surprised, or maybe just read messages already posted?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

You consider no table clothes to be a, as op asked, big change? Oh my...

You'll learn on CC that there are a handfull of people who love their tablecloths and are very passionate about them. Thall shall not discuss sex, religion, tablecloths or the great pumpkin.

you need to set a boarding time and they are now enforced. you cant get there earlier than your boarding time.

you can now purchase FTTF (Faster to the Fun) which gives you some extra conveniences (google it)

you need to set a boarding time and they are now enforced. you cant get there earlier than your boarding time.

you can now purchase FTTF (Faster to the Fun) which gives you some extra conveniences (google it)

You select a check-in time, not a boarding time. You cannot select what time you board the ship. You only select what time you check-in to the terminal.

And I am sure it is different at the different terminals...but last week out of Long Beach our check in time was 1:30pm...and we were on board the ship around noon.....so not all terminals stick to that....

More correctly, you will have a check in time. You can select a time or, if you don't, Carnival will assign one. The time is shown on the boarding pass.

• 2 months later...
You consider no table clothes to be a, as op asked, big change? Oh my...

YES, that is a "big change" for some of us.......we don't cruise to eat at Denny's....and that is how it feels to us. The MDR ambience meant something to some of us.....different 'strokes' for different 'folks'!!!

not sure when you were not allowed to bring bottles of water or soda anymore onboard. was that after 2105?
You can still bring soda. Up to 12 (12 oz.) cans per person. Also, 2105? Are you a time traveler? I knew they were real! ;) Your secret's safe with me.

No more table cloths or chocolates on your pillow!
The horror!! :eek:

We have a restaurant in our area that still uses tablecloths, but only in one section of the restaurant. No, it's not a fancy restaurant and the section with tablecloths isn't any more fancy than the rest. I don't know why they do it that way. A tablecloth doesn't enhance my dining experience, nor does a lack of one make it feel like I'm eating at Denny's. We sat at elegant night a couple weeks ago aboard the Glory and I never once thought the ambiance was better with the tablecloth.

Well in 2016, the last Carnival ship you went on got the Funship 2.0 upgrades including:

- Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina, two very popular lunch options.

- A new comedy program "The Punchliner" overseen by George Lopez

- Upgraded music program

- New venues including sportsquare, cherry on top, cucina del capitano, refrog pub, blueiguana tequila (some of those only on certain ships)

- New bars including Library bar and the famous Alchemy that makes excellent cocktails

But the experience has apparently been ruined because of tableclothes and andes mints.

lol... I was actually kinda bummed to read about the tablecloths because I feel like it enhances the whole experience of the formal dinners, but I love me some fish tacos and breakfast burritos and guy's fries, so I guess I can take the removal of table cloths in exchange! :')

The last time I cruised was in 2015, and I have also been trying to figure out what I don't know, so thanks for posting this topic!

My ship already had 2.0 upgrades in 2015 though, and I bought FTTF on my last cruise so those aren't necessarily new to everyone who might read this thread, but that is true for the OP. So far what I can tell researching around the forums and reviews and youtuble videos is that the fleetwide changes are that they've made these American table menus official (they were testing them on some ships the last time I cruised), and they charge for late night room service, and the dreaded lack of table cloths and that's it? That seems unlikely...

Also PS.... The shows were also already terrible in 2015... we stayed for a brief time and walked out. I realized the piano bar on my cruise had better music on the last day of my cruise and that made me sad, but that's my plan for this time.

Edited by godspoetry

not sure when you were not allowed to bring bottles of water or soda anymore onboard. was that after 2105?

The rule changed July 9, 2015.

No bottles plastic or glass

The exception is the one bottle of wine 750 ml that you can bring on at embarkation.

They used to have superb production shows. Now they have a rather third rate production called playlist productions

We cruise mostly Carnival and will continue to sail Carnival. But...

Can't agree more, the production shows are third rate, just terrible...