Best Website To Search For Flights

GTO-Girl

I have only flown twice in my life (hated it both times)....BUT due to some back issues I am now having we are considering flying rather than driving to our November cruise out of Miami.

I am totally lost as to whether to fly into FLL or go ahead and fly to Miami. We would be flying the day before either way.

To all you travel experts...can you please give me some advice. I feel like an idiot right now and a little embarrassed to ask about something so seemly easy to all of you.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I am totally lost as to whether to fly into FLL or go ahead and fly to Miami.

You can fly to either, just know that the transportation from FLL to your hotel pre cruise and then from POM to FLL after the cruise will be higher than MIA. You can even check flying into one and departing form the other.

You can fly to either, just know that the transportation from FLL to your hotel pre cruise and then from POM to FLL after the cruise will be higher than MIA. You can even check flying into one and departing form the other.

We just flew into FLL for a cruise out of POM. Flights were much cheaper into FLL. We stayed the night in FLL and took a shuttle by MJS Transportation to the port of Miami from our hotel and back to FLL afterwards. It cost $15 pp each way. So for $60, it was worth the savings to fly into FLL.

I find a lot of the cheap flight sites don't include Southwest flights. You may have to go directly to their website. What is great with SW is they don't charge for 2 x 50 lb. bags. There is also no change fee if the price goes down.

I use Kayak to narrow choices then go to airline site to book. I check SW directly, if their price and flights are close to other airlines I book with them due to no change fee, can get credit if price drops and no bag fee. It may be too early to see November flights, not sure about Thanksgiving time.

Southwest will not be releasing their flight schedule for late November until May 31st.....(we are flying out Thanksgiving Day-returning Sunday Dec. 2nd)

So....do I wait until then and check Southwest or go ahead and grab a flight that fits the time schedule I prefer through Delta?

UGH!!! Seems there are no easy answers!!

Thanks guys for all the good advice so far!!

I think you can wait until the end of May without jeopardizing your desired flight times. Plus, if you are quick on May 31st you might be able to get some of Southwest’s “Wanna Get Away” fares. Between those and the fact that you don’t pay for bags on SW (saving at least $50 per person) you will most likely save quite a bit of $$!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use Kayak. Sometimes book through them, and sometimes direct with the airline.

And for those who only look as SW, glad you like paying more. :D Ever wonder why they will not allow any of the booking sites to have their fares? Maybe because they are not as cheap as they would like you to believe. :D