Junkanoo Beach

bug18

I would appreciate any thoughts on Junkanoo Beach for those that have been there recently. Can you rent chairs/umbrellas? Is the beach rocky? Are there restrooms? Any water sports? Food/drink?

We just went there last week. I have some pictures in my Conquest review on the Carnival page here. I am still posting on it so it is near the top.

As soon has you arrive someone will definitely approach you about renting chairs and umbrellas. They will also tell you about any food or drink packages they have. There are several places to order food and drinks from right there.

People rented water bikes, a trampoline, and a stand up paddle board while we were there.

The sand near the water is pretty good.

The further back you get there is piles of dried sea weed/grass. I have a picture in my review.

Beach wasn't too rocky. But had some patches of sea weed/grass. Water was nice.

The beach is right along a busy street. So you will hear cars, traffic, ambulances, etc.

Don’t stop right at the beginning of the beach. It’s way too crowded.

I recommend walking further down the beach where it’s much quieter.

The area in front of the “Crabs and Ting” fish fry shack is great. Check them out on Trip Advisor and you will see that they are 5 star rated. If you order a drink or food from them and mention Trip Advisor, Sue will give you a free island treat. A whole fried snapper and fries is $15. They have tables and chairs right there on the beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Curious about Crabs and Tings... sounds like our kind of place. Do they have beach lounge chairs or just dining chairs? We are hoping to lay in the sun, have lunch and drink. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think they had a couple of beach lounge chairs. We sat at a table on the beach to enjoy our food. But we remember the couple next to us that were on the Breakaway (?). It’s pretty open on that end of the beach so maybe you could bring a towel and lay out on the sand too.