Bringing wine onboard

We are cruising next week and we've never brought wine onboard before. It says we can bring two bottles each room. These might be stupid questions... Do we take the wine to dinner with us? Do they keep it? Is there a corking fee or re-corking fee?

Thanks in advance.

Also, they do keep the bottles and have them on the table when you come to dinner the next night (providing you have some leftover ;)

Yes, they will keep the bottles if you like.

Also, they do keep the bottles and have them on the table when you come to dinner the next night (providing you have some leftover ;)

What is leftover wine ... [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485].....??? Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, they will keep the bottles if you like.

So if I open the bottle in my room and bring it to the dining room, they will keep it for the next meal? I had no idea they would do that.

I drink old vine Zinfandel - not easy to find on a ship.

So if I open the bottle in my room and bring it to the dining room, they will keep it for the next meal? I had no idea they would do that.

You don’t need to open it yourself. They will do that for you.

Royal usually carries Cline OVZ.

But I don't want to pay the fee.

The corkage fee has absolutely nothing to do with who opens the bottle (look it up). In any event, it has been reported that waiter have not been charging the fee.

I was on the Allure last week and brought a few bottles of wine to the dining room that I had already opened in the cabin. I was never charged any fees.

A few bottles? :D They do not control how many bottle do you carry on?

I live in the same port we will embark (Barcelona), so I think to carry on 2 bottles and my husband another 2 and enter separate :halo:

I live in the same port we will embark (Barcelona), so I think to carry on 2 bottles and my husband another 2 and enter separate :halo:

When we've sailed out of Barcelona we could buy wine in the cruise terminal after the security check in duty free shops and there was not further checks when boarding.

We had a few cabins so we had 2 bottles per cabin 😀

When we've sailed out of Barcelona we could buy wine in the cruise terminal after the security check in duty free shops and there was not further checks when boarding.

Yes, I saw this on sailing in NCL Epic. But I can take the bottles from my home ;p

At entrance of terminal they only check arms, but I had the doubt if, upon entering the ship, they checked you again

... but I had the doubt if, upon entering the ship, they checked you again

Most of the time we have not been checked when getting on the ship in Barcelona, except for on Vision a couple of years ago. As we boarded, the ship did another x-ray of carry-ons.

• 3 weeks later...
wine update:

we brought 6 bottles on board - 3 rooms. We were charged the uncorking fee for three of them. This was a great way to save some money.

thanks

What ship, and what venue(s) were you charged the fee?