Interior Cabin - Nieuw Amsterdam

cwd79

Hi,

I am looking at the 7 day Alaskan cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam on 5/12/18 out of Vancouver. Hubby and I have always been in suites on Holland America but looking at doing an inside cabin. Would appreciate some advice on those cabins. We've done Alaska before so a view is not a big deal to us on this cruise. I have been in an interior cabin once on a Carnival cruise years ago so I am somewhat familiar of the small quarters. The much smaller cabin doesn't bother me, but wasn't sure what floor is the best. I was looking online at what is available and what's left is mostly Aft on Rotterdam, Veranda, Upper Veranda floors. Our main concern is the movement as I can get sea sick as well as noise from above... Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

On the 7 day Alaskan cruise you might have 1 day of rougher seas because you won't be cruising in the inside passage up to Juneau. We did this cruise in June 2016 and I felt the roll of the seas on the first full morning. After that first day everything calmed down and we didn't feel any roll. We cruised in early, early June and for the most part enjoyed wonderful blue skys and no rain. It was just that first morning in open waters that we had drizzle and a bit of a chop.

We sailed on NA this past March in a aft verandah cabin on the Rotterdam deck. There are inside cabins on that deck and I wouldn't hesitate to book as it's very quiet towards the aft section. The NA was a very beautiful ship IMO. Have a great time and do bring binoculars to use on your search for whales.

There are some large I-category cabins on one of those upper decks, but I don't know which deck. If you can snag one of those, you will be in a very comfortable, spacious, cabin.

The inside J- and K- cabins on Main Deck (all of them) are also comfortable and spacious, but you indicated those are all booked.

The remaining inside cabins are tiny. I sail solo and I wouldn't want to spend any time in one. Sharing? No, thanks.

The only interiors I am seeing Forward are on the Verandah #5011,5012,5017,5018, 5005 and 5006.

For Aft I am seeing Rotterdam #7129, 7104 or 7109

Aft Upper Verandah #6147

Aft Verandah #5184, 5185 or 5179

After Upper Promenade #4165, 4170 or 4175

I read that Rotterdam is a great floor but wasn't sure if the interiors cabins mentioned above are considered large or less movement?

I read that Rotterdam is a great floor but wasn't sure if the interiors cabins mentioned above are considered large or less movement?

You will feel motion less in cabins that are lower, and more mid-ship.

I have no idea where any of the cabins you have listed out are, or (more importantly) what categories they are. The I-cabins are a decent size, as are all of those on Main Deck.