Bahrain - Accessibility

Biotcruisers

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to cruise the Middle East next year and one of the stops is Bahrain. Does anyone have any up to date information or experiences related to being able to get off the ship and in to the city if wheelchair bound? We have experience of Muscat where you are forced to use the bus to get to the port gates and it is certainly not accessible.

Does any one know if the buses in Bahrain are accessible? Does anyone know of a company that is allowed to pick up and drop off at the side of the ship?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to cruise the Middle East next year and one of the stops is Bahrain. Does anyone have any up to date information or experiences related to being able to get off the ship and in to the city if wheelchair bound? We have experience of Muscat where you are forced to use the bus to get to the port gates and it is certainly not accessible.

Does any one know if the buses in Bahrain are accessible? Does anyone know of a company that is allowed to pick up and drop off at the side of the ship?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve

Guessing that you did not search on the internet. Using the key phrase " Are buses in Bahrain wheelchair accessible" you would have found this link http://bahrainbus.bh/en/faq which states the following :

• "All 141 buses have been designed to accommodate wheelchairs and passengers with restricted mobility issues. All buses can accommodate 1 person using a wheelchair. Wheelchair users have priority over everyone else for use of the wheelchair space. The buses are low-floor vehicles and every bus has a driver operated ramp to enable all passengers, including people using wheelchairs, people with baby strollers, and people with restricted mobility get on and off easily."

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I think I was not specific enough with my question. What I was trying to ask was whether the shuttle buses from the side of the ship to the port gates were wheelchair friendly.

And yes, I have done extensive internet searches to try to find the answer to this but with no success.

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I think I was not specific enough with my question. What I was trying to ask was whether the shuttle buses from the side of the ship to the port gates were wheelchair friendly.

And yes, I have done extensive internet searches to try to find the answer to this but with no success.

Cheers

Steve

If you haven't done so already suggest you contact cruise line and speak to their Special Needs Dept. . If that doesn't help see if you can locate an email address for Guest Services for the specific ship and email the ship directly.

Also try contacting :

Bahrain Disabled Services

P.O Box 28804

Riffa

Phone: +973 39678053

Fax: +973 772726

Email: busultan@batelco.com.bh

Web: bahraindisabledservices.simplesite.com