Labadee, excursion or no excursion

duegwb

Always just enjoy lounging around. There are some fun areas to hike a bit. I avoid the straw market as they are quite pushy.

We were in Labadee in Jan. and rented a Beach Bungalow at Columbus Cove. LOVED IT! We’ve also done an Overwater Cabana but that was when they were $275. Worth it then, but too rich for my blood now. But the Beach Bungalow for $200 was worth it. You can have up to 8 people join you.

Also did the Zip Line. Expensive but worth it to do once.

Otherwise we get loungers and enjoy. Take watershoes as other than Columbus Cove can be rocky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loungers are for the taking. No fee. There is plenty of natural shade on Labadee. This is a perfect beach day with a fun picnic bbq lunch included. Also, if you have a drink package, you may use it at Labadee. You can hike around a bit if you like as well.

We tried snorkeling excursions twice, and were disappointed both times. We just lounge on the beach now, no excursion needed.

That's what I was affraid of. We had that same experience when we were just in San Juan. You couldn't see anything in front of you in the water.

I enjoyed coastal boat tour also, and zip line.

I loved cabana but pretty pricey.

Last year I tried lounging on the beach. It's very nice, and free, but honestly not any better for me than staying on board.

We really liked the kayak tour over to old Labadie, and the jet ski tour was incredible, if you want something more active, but overall it is a great place to just sit on the beach if you so desire.

We really liked the kayak tour over to old Labadie, and the jet ski tour was incredible, if you want something more active, but overall it is a great place to just sit on the beach if you so desire.

I remember nearly 20 years ago I went kayaking in Labadee and they took us to an area and showed us a glimpse of where the locals live in Labadee. I remember this being such an eye opening experience. So they still do this on the kayaking tour? If not, does anyone know of a tour that does?

I remember nearly 20 years ago I went kayaking in Labadee and they took us to an area and showed us a glimpse of where the locals live in Labadee. I remember this being such an eye opening experience. So they still do this on the kayaking tour? If not, does anyone know of a tour that does?

We went along the shore, and then stopped at a local flee market (basically setup for this I believe). From what the tour guide said, what you saw 20 years ago is not anything like today. He said it was like 600 people back then with no running water or electricity, but due to RCI being there, it is now 6000 people, and all pretty much have water and electricity, and a much better life then ever in the past.

Labadee is purely a "beach day"...loungers are everywhere (although, if you get there very early, you may want to have a few bucks to tip a chair guy!)....and there are several beach areas, sun/shade/water...all for the taking! Lunch is served on the beach, and water-based drinks are included, just like on the ship. Your drink package will work on the beach or you can buy a soda/beer/cocktail anytime you want. No excursions are needed, unless you want to part with more money!

Does it get real crowded in Labadee? Going in July on Allure, I believe we will be the only ship there that day. Also, any place better than the other? Looking for a nice relaxing beach day and this will be our first time there.

Does it get real crowded in Labadee? Going in July on Allure, I believe we will be the only ship there that day. Also, any place better than the other? Looking for a nice relaxing beach day and this will be our first time there.

We like the Columbus Cove area.

I usually walk around for awhile and hike the few trails that are around. Then a trip though the gauntlet... I mean vendors' area and that is it. I'm not one for just sitting around doing nothing. I can do that for about 10 minutes.

We tried snorkeling excursions twice, and were disappointed both times. We just lounge on the beach now, no excursion needed.

I agree with Bob, in that the snorkeling was very disappointing.

I've done the Dragon's Breath Zipline a few times, but, not it's all about chilling on the beach

-Michael

We went along the shore, and then stopped at a local flee market (basically setup for this I believe). From what the tour guide said, what you saw 20 years ago is not anything like today. He said it was like 600 people back then with no running water or electricity, but due to RCI being there, it is now 6000 people, and all pretty much have water and electricity, and a much better life then ever in the past.

Went there when Labadee stop opened 30+ years ago was very rustic. No pier for Ships, no buildings except Potties and 1 shacks that served drinks, 1 that cooked your Barbecue lunch, Burgers/Dogs/Chicken and 1 covered picnic area. All paper Plates, plastic cups, free punch, nothing on Tap, want a coke or a Beer buy a can, no drink plans. No Straw Market but the small Pier that Tenders dropped you off a few locals would try sell hand carved goods. They had to stay on other side Pier in their Row Boats, not allowed on shore or on Tender Pier. Had local worker sitting on Surfboard on the Shark net. At most between 500-1000 passengers on shore....

Edited by ONECRUISER

Do you normally book an excursion in Labadee or just lounge around? Is there a lot to explore in this port or best to book something? If I just wanted to lounge at the beach, would that be doable?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

My wife and I have been to Labadee 8 times . We always walk around the entire island .

I check out the tee shirts every year .

If you’re on an Oasis class ship, get off as early as possible to get a good lounge spot on the beach. By late morning, it’s a virtual sea of lounge chairs on all the beaches. Best beach? The Suite beach [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For Oasis class ships: If you value privacy and shade, I'd suggest booking the clam-shell chairs or a bungalow/cabana. However keep in mind the clam-shell chairs are on Adrenaline Beach, which is the rockiest beach I've ever been to. Forget about getting in the water.

If you don't mind laying on a chair with no shade in a row of dozens upon dozens of people, go the free route and seek out a lounger.