Email Response from MSC

articulate1

I am sailing on the MSC Orchestra - March 14th.

I emailed MSC back in mid January addressing the comments that were surfacing concerning their Caribbean sailings. I received this response earlier today......a month and a half later. Why do I mention the time span? Obviously, MSC has been reading the posts, letters, emails, etc., and making a valiant attempt to improve certain areas of their operation. A lot has changed in a month and a half. Thank you MSC! For responding to my email and most importantly, listening to your passengers (past and future).

Here's the MSC response:

Good morning and thank you for your email.

It is my pleasure to answer your questions regarding our beautiful ship, the MSC Orchestra.

The Orchestra is less than two years old and is a beautiful ship enjoyed by many thousands of guests. The cuisine has changed a bit in the last two years; it has been expanded in an effort to specialize in a wide range of American cuisine as well as the wonderful Italian, vegetarian and children's menus. USDA grade A steaks, potatoes, fish, meats, vegetables and plenty of salads, greens, pizza and pasta.

All stafff speaks English and is always ready to assist our guests. I have had the pleasure of sailing our ships ( Orchestra included ) and found communication to be quite good.

We consistantly strive to improve our services and cuisine. Feedback from our guests are very important to us as we take this information and utilize it to constantly move forward on our ships and throughout our offices worldwide.

As you may be aware, comments posted to websites tend to be negative ( no one really understands why this occurs ); however, we thought we would share some recent comments from guests who sailed ( January 2009 ):

Several comments - From January 2009 sailings on the Orchestra and a future comment also:

1)"we had one of the best Italian waiters that we have ever had--anywhere. We have been on almost forty cruises. Luigi Iridio was so willing to please. He and Salvadore, his assistant, even had us sit in their section upstairs for breakfast and lunch. By the way, y:)our pasta's are the BEST! We are very pleased to say that the MSC is a great value for the money. We will be sure to cruise on MSC again. In fact, we were planning on going on the Orchestra round trip out of Barcelona around Oct. 17, 2009".

2)"The service was absolutely excellent at night. We did eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room most of the time but service was pretty much hit and miss on those meals, but the food was absolutely excellent at all times. The night they offered Filet Mignon I was very surprised. I ordered it very rare and they asked if I wanted it tar-tar and I said no only cooked for a couple of min. on each side. It came to me perfect. Mind you we had other people at our table with well done steaks and all of the food came at the same time and all was hot and perfectly cooked.. The filet didn't even need to be chewed it MELTED in your mouth it was so good. Their cheesecakes are as the saying goes "To die for" they are so decadent and delicious. Our dealings with the reception center and the accounting center were simple questions and were answered with a smile and very courteous".

3)"Discovered our dinner seating was early, though we had booked for later, we went to the dining room to change to late seating. No problems and were given a table for the 8:30 dinner. L'Hibiscus was too yellow and bright for our tastes and our table was near the kitchen entrance which hubby hates. He went to the Maitre'd and requested a move to Villa Borghese. He was told we would have a very nice table. A note was left in our cabin informing us of our new table (462) in Villa Borghese. Great table, fabulous waiter and assistant. We found the food to be very good, cooked well and liked the foods served according to the country we had visited that day. My family even ate items I never thought I would see them eat AND they liked it"!

4) "First of all I want to personally commend your group department for the wonderful job they have done with my group sailing April 4th. My only question at this point is when can we hope for an MSC presence in the Caribbean year-round? I would love it, as I know many others will. The Orchestra is absolutely stunning and I can't wait to spend a week on her".

We hope this information assists you and we look forward to welcoming you on board!

Lucretia

Regards,

Lucretia LaBozzetta

Supervisor, Reservations Dept.

MSC Cruises (USA) Inc.

6750 North Andrews Avenue

Fort Lauderdale , FL 33309

llabozzetta@msccruisesusa.com

Phone: 954-958-1029

Fax: 908.605.2600

Reservations: 800.666.9333

I emailed MSC back in mid January addressing the comments that were surfacing concerning their Caribbean sailings. I received this response earlier today......a month and a half later.

As you may be aware, comments posted to websites tend to be negative ( no one really understands why this occurs );

Articulate1,

You don't say to whom you addressed your email. If it wasn't to the Reservations Dept I find it curious that someone from Reservations, as opposed to Public or Guest Relations, would respond to an email asking about the negative comments on a public forum. Be that as it may, for the company to take 6 weeks to email back this answer is not a good thing. Most sensible business people would judge that to be tardy. As for the substance of the company's reply, I think it is disingenuous and rests on a false premise. Comments posted to websites do not always tend to be negative, but when lots of negative comments occur we do know why. It's because the subject of the comments is thought to be bad. I'm surprised Ms. LaBozzetta didn't add "a cruise is what you make of it" and "there's no such thing as a bad cruise" as a way of bringing home her point that the negative comments, no matter how excessive, are just a weird cyber phenomenon indicative of nothing.

I would have been more impressed with MSC management if they had simply stated something like "we are experiencing start up problems typical of a new ship on a new itinerary, but you can be assured that we value the feedback of our customers and that we will continue to improve our product so that it exceeds the expectations of our expanded customer base." And for it to be emailed back to you within a week.

Archived