Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:57 PM.
Virginia
10,884 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
That's great Stella!! Retirement life is wonderful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises: 26 total

Royal Carribbean, Carnival, Princess and Holland America

PLUS!
Crown and Anchor Diamond Plus Member

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007

Happy Treason Day, ungrateful colonials! But remember it's not treason if you win.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
- Ed & Kathy Crown & Anchor Members

Grandeur of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2018 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, August 2017 / Serenade of the Seas, S Caribbean, October 2016 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, March 2016 / Grand Princess, Hawaii, September 2015 / Quantum of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2015 / Rhapsody of the Seas, Alaska, August 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bahamas, June 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2014 / Navigator of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2013 / Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2012 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2012 / Liberty of the Seas, TransAtlantic, October 2011 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2011 / Oasis of the Seas, E & W Caribbean, October 2010 / Celebrity Mercury, E Caribbean, February 2010 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, October 2009 / Grandeur of the Seas, Canada NE, October 2008 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, October 2007 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, October 2006 / Explorer of the Seas, E Caribbean, May 2005
Bel Air, Maryland
1,305 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
hey all, checking in..trying to stay cool..hope everyone is doing well
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
+

Our Cruises
Grandeur of the Seas Apr/2018
Grandeur of the Seas Mar/2017

Grandeur of the Seas Oct/2016
Grandeur of the Seas Apr/2016
Grandeur of the Seas Aug/2015
Grandeur of the Seas Dec/2014
Grandeur of the Seas Mar/2014
Grandeur of the Seas Jan 2014
Pride Nov/2013
Enchantment of the Seas Jan/2013
Enchantment of the Seas Feb/2012
Pride Oct/2011
Enchantment of the Seas Mar/2011
Enchantment of the Seas Jan/2011
Explorer of the Seas Nov/2010
Pride Jan/2010
Grandeur of the Seas Oct/2009
Pride Jun/2009
Explorer of the Seas Dec/2008
Grandeur of the Seas Oct/2007
Explorer of the Seas Oct/2006
Crown Princess Aug/2006
Grandeur of the Seas Oct/2005
Miracle Oct/2004
Virginia
10,884 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Hello everyone!

It's been a quiet summer so far. We went to Nags Head for a few days last month. Next planned trip is not until Oct. When we go to Myrtle Beach.

It's been so hot here! Today is awful.

Hope you all are well!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PLUS!

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Greetings!

As Dixie says, it has been a busy summer!
We added another cruise for next February on Norwegian (on which we have never sailed) out of New Orleans. We are reuniting with our trivia friends from our Alaskan cruise. They live in Fort Worth, Texas and this has been our first chance to cruise with them again.

In my own news I finally got the surgery on my foot, alleviating my painful hammer toes. So far, so good. The October cruise to the Mediterranean has a Florence and Pisa tour that requires about 3 miles of walking, so I thought that taking care of the foot now would be a good idea.

The winery tour we have planned for Mykonos will help!

What have you all been doing? Is a gathering in the works? It's been a long time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Grandeur of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2018 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, August 2017 / Serenade of the Seas, S Caribbean, October 2016 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, March 2016 / Grand Princess, Hawaii, September 2015 / Quantum of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2015 / Rhapsody of the Seas, Alaska, August 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bahamas, June 2014 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2014 / Navigator of the Seas, W Caribbean, March 2013 / Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, November 2012 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2012 / Liberty of the Seas, TransAtlantic, October 2011 / Enchantment of the Seas, S Caribbean, March 2011 / Oasis of the Seas, E & W Caribbean, October 2010 / Celebrity Mercury, E Caribbean, February 2010 / Grandeur of the Seas, E Caribbean, October 2009 / Grandeur of the Seas, Canada NE, October 2008 / Grandeur of the Seas, Bermuda, October 2007 / Grandeur of the Seas, W Caribbean, October 2006 / Explorer of the Seas, E Caribbean, May 2005
Bowie, MD
12,200 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Ed...good to hear from you and know all is well. Glad your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Less pain and busy are good things! There are no gathering plans in the works but there really need to be some. It truly has been way too long since we have been able to gather and visit. Let's try to do something in the near future. Your cruise plans sound wonderful. I got in a summer cruise this year, which is unusual for me. Was on Grandeur with 400 extra kids! I'm used to having about 20-30. Truth be told, it was not nearly as bad as I had feared. Most were pretty well behaved and the younger folks did give the trip a different vibe. Other people were actually up and around at 1AM.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

+

Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus Member
Virginia
10,884 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Actually it's been a boring summer for us.
Kelly is totally out of sick leave at work due to a couple of surgeries recently. So she's saving vacation days to use as sick days if needed.
So other than a few days a the beach in June we've been home. We do have a trip to myrtle beach in October planned.

I'm really looking forward to her retiring in 2020!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PLUS!

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by dixieva
Kelly is totally out of sick leave at work due to a couple of surgeries recently. So she's saving vacation days to use as sick days if needed.
So other than a few days a the beach in June we've been home. We do have a trip to myrtle beach in October planned.
Hope Kelly has a full recovery.
My younger son and I did a few days in Boston in the spring and the whole family is doing a long weekend in Ocean City in September.

We needed a new HVAC unit and now we are eying the roof.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Virginia
10,884 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Thanks Ed. She's fine. She had two shoulder surgeries, one in July and one in Dec. Last year. Not rotator cuff, just to clean out arthritis in both shoulder joints. Each time she was out 30 days from work so there went accumulated sick leave. She earns 10 hours a month of sick leave so it will take time to build some back.

Hope you can get a good deal to replace your HVAC. I was lucky to have a grandson who did my gas furnace and central air in May. I decided not to wait until they died on me. They were 18 years old and both were beginning to have problems.

Stay cool everyone!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PLUS!

Alexandria, VA
2,170 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by DELTABLUE
There are no gathering plans in the works but there really need to be some. It truly has been way too long since we have been able to gather and visit. Let's try to do something in the near future.
Thanks for the the good wishes, Delta! And it has been way too long.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

virginia
7,987 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
I posted this on the Grandeur March 16 roll call by mistake.

Those of you on the 11/10 cruise--have you seen the Going, Going, Gone sale? The OV and insides are a good price. You could do a B2B.

Just an FYI.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ales_event.pdf
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Brilliance of the Seas--North Atlantic TA: August 2014; Vision of the Seas--Southern Caribbean: November 2014; Serenade of the Seas--B2B Bahamas and Western Caribbean: March/April 2015; Southern Caribbean: November 2015; Grandeur of the Seas–June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean, April 2016: Eastern Caribbean, July 2016: Bermuda/Bahamas, Harmony of The Seas-- October 2016: Transatlantic, Equinox-- .February 2017: Mardi Gras cruise; May 2017: ABC Islands