Oooops!

LaCroisiereS'amuse

Here in Scotland we have an amber weather warning for gale force winds this afternoon; here in the West End of Glasgow it's been a little blustery, but hasn't stopped me doing a few jobs in the garden; however it would seem things are a little different 20 miles away in Greenock:eek::eek::eek:

I hope those on the current Nautica cruise are being looked after.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-45575861/liner-breaks-free-as-storm-ali-hits-scotland

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16889183.storm-ali-drama-cruise-ship-breaks-free-at-greenock/

In view of the weather forecast, I am surprised that the Master was not using engines and bow thrust to help him stay alongside. High sided vessels always pose a risk in high off-berth winds and the Master should do all he can to mitigate the effects. From the pictures it rather looked to me that there was a considerable time during the event before engines were available. There was a clear danger that the ship may have blown ashore on the northern side of the Lough. The master will no doubt be answering a 'We fail to understand...' e-mail from his/her owners.