Deck 5 veranda views

alexander51

We're sailing in 531 in two weeks (TWO WEEKS. Yep, I'm excited!) We watched a few Youtube videos before we booked - we were concerned but after seeing some videos taken from the balcony, we're not worried any more....

Take a look of the thread directly below this one that profiles 900 photos of the Ovation. There are some very good pictures of the Veranda Suite that clearly show the half metal balcony railing. It should give you a good perspective of these suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did not stay in one, but did visit one. From the bed and other areas inside the suite, you have to look past the top of the railing to the distance to see water, but while sitting on the verandah, it was not as big of a deal. I am glad I was on deck 6 instead (on the Sojourn), but would take deck 5 any day if it was the only option or all I could afford.

I did not stay in one, but did visit one. From the bed and other areas inside the suite, you have to look past the top of the railing to the distance to see water, but while sitting on the verandah, it was not as big of a deal. I am glad I was on deck 6 instead (on the Sojourn), but would take deck 5 any day if it was the only option or all I could afford.

Thanks for this description imcpa, it is very reassuring. We have had to book a V2 for our cruise next year as a V5 wasn't available for the 21 day cruise we have booked in July. I was discussing it with my husband yesterday but the price has gone up quite considerably and the 21 day has booked up fairly quickly.

Julie

Thanks for this description imcpa, it is very reassuring. We have had to book a V2 for our cruise next year as a V5 wasn't available for the 21 day cruise we have booked in July. I was discussing it with my husband yesterday but the price has gone up quite considerably and the 21 day has booked up fairly quickly.

Julie

We are in a V2 (538) on the Ovation in a few weeks so will report back what we think of it. I had similar concerns over a non balcony (suite 429) on the Quest a couple of years ago, only to find it was very good, just different. I usually have the philosophy that anywhere on the ship is a good location to be, as long as we are on the ship somewhere.

Julie we had a half metal handrail on the Quest finding that it was not really a problem Since then we have been on the Sojourn and the Encore with the glass and didn't really notice the difference. From my memory cabins with the half metal balconies were a lot cheaper. Having to sit up a bit more to see was well worth the price difference

Thanks again for the reassurance. I found out yesterday we might be able to get a V5 cabin we want but at $6000 per suite extra at this time.....we'll pass.

As you suggested cat, I'll just sit up higher :D.

Julie

We just returned from a cruise on the Quest and had cabin ( sorry, "suite") 507. It's one if those with partial metal balcony. We found thus to be of no bother at all. Actually, it gave us decent privacy when docked in ports.

What WAS bothersome to some extend was the early morning noise from dropping anchor or using thrusters for a long time when trying to manoeuvre the ship to its position.

We spent 42 nights in 514 on the Quest and loved every minute. DW even prefers the half metal balcony...she feels safer. Deck 5 also closer to the sea. We like that. As to savings, if you are on a 14 day cruise you could have a great bottle of wine every night at dinner and still have half of that $6000 left over! Enjoy!

We were allocated a V1 on our recent Sojourn cruise (1st) where we booked a Verandah Guarantee. No issues or complaints.

We've booked another Verandah Guarantee from November 4th - 46 days - and will be quite happy if we're assigned deck 5. The price was marginally less than a confirmed V1, and $6k less than a V3. After we booked the price per suite increased $5k across the board.

A confirmed V6 would have been an additional $15k for being 2 decks higher (25 feet?) than deck 5.

Hmmm.. I am always awake by 7am. On our last voyage (Ovation) we were on deck 8. Very nice except for the divided hall which we were beyond) but I don't think I would mind a lower deck. We were on deck 7 on the Encore on our last voyage. We've always booked a specific suite--but I think we may take pot lock and do a guarantee next time. Does anyone know of a reason we should not?

We were allocated a V1 on our recent Sojourn cruise (1st) where we booked a Verandah Guarantee. No issues or complaints.

We've booked another Verandah Guarantee from November 4th - 46 days - and will be quite happy if we're assigned deck 5. The price was marginally less than a confirmed V1, and $6k less than a V3. After we booked the price per suite increased $5k across the board.

A confirmed V6 would have been an additional $15k for being 2 decks higher (25 feet?) than deck 5.

Tuchik: We are on the same cruise on the Quest and also in a V1 guarantee. I've noticed the same price differentials and think we got good buy. I think I will be OK, as long as we are not in the first cabins, 502 or 503, where it seems as though the balconies are a bit smaller.

One of the only issues is the anchor noise deck five forward on the Odyssey class ships. If you don’t like being awakened by loud metal cranking while the anchor is lowered at 7 am , ok. but I found it annoying.

If you speak nicely to the Captain he will arrange for a couple of the tenders to be sent out with stern warps connected to the ship's bow and they will hold the ship steady on station until everybody's in breakfast and they can then lower the anchor without disturbing anyone;p;p.

if you speak nicely to the captain he will arrange for a couple of the tenders to be sent out with stern warps connected to the ship's bow and they will hold the ship steady on station until everybody's in breakfast and they can then lower the anchor without disturbing anyone;p;p.

:'):'):')

Deck 5 cabins on Seabourn ships have railings that are half metal, half glass. Has anyone sailed in these cabins? Can you easily see the ocean when seated on the veranda? Any other thoughts on Deck 5?

No issue seeing the ocean while seated on veranda, only if your in the bed.