All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Anita - your tights are cute and I love the final pic of you and your husband - fun!:hearteyes:

You look so happy in your pictures, I'm glad you had a good time:cool:

I agree! I really like that blush color on you, it's very youthful and warm. I think your photos in it capture your personality very well.

I hope to convince my MIL to let us take more pictures of her. I don't know why so many of us moms shy away from the camera (I've been guilty too), but I treasure the few shots I have of my mom. The candid ones from when she was young and healthy are my favorites, although I have some nice portraits too. The candid shots take me back to when I was little, she was well, and any hurts in my life could be made better by curling up on her lap<3 Too soon our moms are gone<|3 Pictures can help with the memories.

Oh, this is so true for me as well! It helps to look at them and remember when she was still herself. My mom was a young mom and she was so beautiful and lively then, as well as super sweet.

Anita, love the photos of you and your mom and the totem poles. :) You look really prepared for the weather and yet really cute too. I love that hat! Perhaps Melody will post the link to it again???

I mentioned while you were away that your packing posts give me a lot of confidence that we will make our weight limits for Africa. I was amazed at all the stuff you packed and still made your limit. We will have a lot less than you so I think we are golden.

I have been wearing my SPF safari shirts for gardening and I am happy to say that I love them! I bought them a tad big (just a tad) so they give so much airflow, and I don't have to lather on so much sunscreen. I wear my bathing suit underneath, and when I get to hot, I just jump in the lake, and then put the shirt back on. Super duper useful.

Our stores are gearing up for fall fashions and back-to-school, so I thought I'd post this to remind us what's coming. I'm happy to see there is still a teal in the mix, and I have hopes for the poppy red:

https://www.pantone.com/fashion-color-trend-report-new-york-fall-winter-2018

Anita the hat looks great on you! You & your Mom look super cute & bright (you know I like bright)!

What hotel did you switch to in Boston? Great view of Fenway. We normally stay at Copley Plaza (niece works there) & walk to the games

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Margaret, the hat is a Fila Sport & I got it at Kohl’s

That looks like the hotel we were considering...Doubletree or Residence Inn, maybe?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

ding ding ding! Residence Inn.

When we purchased airfare, it worked out better for us to fly home Saturday night instead of Sunday. When I only needed two nights at a hotel and not three...that opened up my choices in my budget. Loving my Marriott perks (automatic late check out being my fave)...I picked the cheapest Marriott in the downtown area which happens to be the Residence Inn.

Laurie...I really like the location.

Thanks all for the compliments on the photos.

Yes...we were completely prepared for rain and weather...you can't go on a trip like this and not be prepared IMO...you don't get a second chance you know? Suck it up and deal with it! LOL.

I didn’t realize there was a Residence Inn that close to Fenway...hmm, I didn’t use all my Marriott points on sunglasses, hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's nice. We're in the King studio. Really good shower! I'm partial to a walk in shower...And it's nice to have the space...and tons of stuff is close by. It was only a 15 minute walk to the Conservatory too. Lots of stuff over there too.

Anita, Your review is bringing back so many memories . We took the funicular to the lodge and toured creek street .We also had amazing chowder that day . The pictures of your Mom and you in your bright raincoats is great .

I just returned from bonding time with my grandsons . We had a ball . We went to Dave & Busters and then we went to see the movie "Transylvania summer vacation " . It is hysterical . I laughed myself silly . It is based on a crazy cruise with silly monsters .

What a cute dog! You'll have to let us know which name was chosen. I vote for Chewie.

Has anyone been to a Muji store? This article made me think of the Marie Kondo book. As a leftie, I am confronted with difficult design on a daily basis. I like the idea of simple things that just work really well at what they are.

https://www.dwell.com/article/naoto-fukasawa-muji-jasper-morrison-japanese-design-f8700d90

Names are tough! My dogs are named Harvey and Mason. Harvey was my choice, Mason was not. I really wanted to name him Willis. After a while, the rest of the family agreed but we stuck with with Mason because he was used to it.

Chewie could end up being a bad omen, lol.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Chewie could end up being a bad omen, lol.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Yes, I was thinking it might work on multiple levels. :)

Yesterday I walked into our bedroom and saw our kitty outside the sliding glass door on the little deck there. I freaked because she's not allowed out, what with the hawks and foxes, not to mention ticks and fleas. It turns out the window cleaners had put one of the basement screens back in but not reattached it, and she was able to push it out and go for a walkabout.

So, a reminder to check your screens, and also to get your pet microchipped.

I think it’s going to be Herman or a formal name of Herman Walter. Like when you’re really ticked at your kids & you use their full name...[emoji23]. He’s a good pup, about 6-7 months old, house & crate trained. I got him figuring out hand commands in about 30 minutes. The kids think it’s great that he’s out in the yard & I raise one finger & he sits, hand out (palm down) he lays down & hand out (toward him) he stays (well, we’re still working on that one). I just amazed he could see me, I threatened a barrette.

Margaret, scary when they get out when they’re not supposed to. Melody

Scary Margaret!

Very cute puppy Melody! He needs a barrette!

Sally...so glad my TR is bringing back good memories!

Speaking of...this is the evening of the day spent in Ketchikan. As my TR shows...I was very focused on photographing the scenery. So beautiful!!

I did take another fun photo of DH and I in our evening attire. This time in the elevator. It's 11:30 PM! I wore the EXACT same dress as the previous evening. Blush is a good description of the color...I'd also call it Terracotta. Tonight, I paired it with my C9 capris. Same necklace. Birks again.

Mom said my tights from the previous night were so bossy...so much of a stand out...when you looked at me, you didn't notice the dress as much. So even though she saw me in it the night before...it was all brand new this night with the more understated black capris.

P1110619.jpg

The ship is a pleasant temperature all throughout. If you go out on deck...VERY COLD. And if you are near a door that is opening and closing...you might feel the chill. Otherwise...I was comfortable.

We’ve battened down the hatches out here, 7” of monsoonal rain hit us yesterday with the accompanying mudslides & flooding. Supposed to continue all week. We’re leaving tonight for San Antonio for our grandson’s AF basic training graduation. That’ll be hot (108 there yesterday). I’m taking an SPF hat & spray fan (yes, it’s an outdoor graduation)

OMG...Melody...if it is truly 108 in San Antonio, it has to feel so much hotter than that! I mentioned this to DH and we both are like :eek::eek:. Safe travels to you...I'd be eating so much Tex-Mex if I were you! Haven't had good Tex-Mex since we left Texas...go figure. LOL.

108 was yesterday, supposed to cool off & be 104 on graduation day. Our oldest daughter was stationed in San Antonio, she has our meals already planned out [emoji23][emoji23]. I think she’s going for the food, not the graduation! Love good Tex-Mex.

Our middle daughter is in Turks & Caicos this week, here’s a shot of our youngest granddaughter having a blast c1792ea1a3bae9a55e989ae7e2679ef9.jpegin her Athleta Girl swimshirt & bikini. I told Karin to send the picture to Athleta Girl! Melody