Princess Elite....trying Celebrity??

ian441672

All booked - Sky Suite corner Aft - Caribbean here we come! Thanks for all your help everyone and advice!

Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing about your experience and comparison after you cruise.

Funny, in January 2020 when you take this cruise, we will be on a 15 day Princess Emerald Panama Canal Cruise. We wanted the longer cruise in the new locks.

Previously we have always cruised for 14 days in January with Celebrity, but they eliminated that option. We are doing the 12 day version in January 2019 on the Silhouette.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

Funnily enough too, we did a similar Princess cruise through the (old) canal 3 years ago. They have changed the itinerary slightly I think now, but we did Cabo St Lucas, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Columbia, Aruba and Miami. It was an eclectic tour of sights and sounds but very memorable.

Hope you enjoy too!

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those corner suites "connect" to the adjacent room only by a small hallway outside your cabin door. It's actually very nice as you enter this hallway via a door from the main hallway where you enter a vestibule aprox 5' x 10' where the 2 cabin door are. Very private and very quiet.

We also love those corner suites. I believe its only Reflection where the one on deck 6 has a smaller balcony. Some people love the ones on deck 12 as there is some cover above but others don't like them as the outdoor buffet seating is above and there can be some chair noise from above.

We have done deck 7 and 8 and have been very happy. Only downside is you may not see your butler as much as there are only 2 suites on each deck on these lower floors. Of course if you need something you will have their mobile phone number.

I would take any of the aft corner over the mid ship S1 cabins.

We have only sailed in RS on Celebrity, but were potentially interested in an aft S1 for next year. We were told that the corner afts on deck 6 on Silhouette and Eclipse have very narrow balconies.

I believe it is deck 10 corner afts which have the washing thing causing a minor obstruction?

I visited a friend's deck 7 corner aft Sky suite. It was great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have only sailed in RS on Celebrity, but were potentially interested in an aft S1 for next year. We were told that the corner afts on deck 6 on Silhouette and Eclipse have very narrow balconies.

I believe it is deck 10 corner afts which have the washing thing causing a minor obstruction?

Thanks for that info. Hope it’s not too obtrusive. We did in OS on Princess with the caveat of a metal support beam causing an obstruction. The balcony was so large, it wasn’t a problem. Hope this is the same!

Thanks for that info. Hope it’s not too obtrusive. We did in OS on Princess with the caveat of a metal support beam causing an obstruction. The balcony was so large, it wasn’t a problem. Hope this is the same!

I think we're in one of those suites on our first Princess cruise in October. Aft?

I think we're in one of those suites on our first Princess cruise in October. Aft?

Yes, aft. It’s huge with a jacuzzi bath and a triple length spacious balcony with 2 comfy loungers, 4 chairs and table. Ideal for your free afternoon balcony tea, panoramic sunsets or just relaxing watching the world sail by. Enjoy!

Yes, aft. It’s huge with a jacuzzi bath and a triple length spacious balcony with 2 comfy loungers, 4 chairs and table. Ideal for your free afternoon balcony tea, panoramic sunsets or just relaxing watching the world sail by. Enjoy!

Ooooh! Gosh, no, we’ve not got that one! Ours is a normal Vista Suite (I think it’s called) Sapphire Princess.

That sounds amazing. We did once have a Q1 on Cunard Queen Victoria.....that was awesome!! [emoji41][emoji38]

I know some of the Solstice Class ships have the smaller balconies, so you might be correct.

I believe the location of the window washing equipment varies from ship to ship. For the Reflection I think it is deck 11. On the Eclipse I believe it is deck 12, I did not find it much of a problem.

It might be on Deck 10 on some of the other ships?

If you do some searching on here, you can can find pictures of the various ships.