British Military Discounts

b_coy5r

Hello everyone,

I was wondering which cruise lines offer discounts, or anything for active members of the British Armed Forces, I have tried to contact some companies but got nothing back?

I will be returning from my deployment in Afghanistan in late November and was hoping to book a cruise for that period.

The only one I have been able to find has been Princess cruises, but surely there has to be more than just ONE?? Are the UK Forces not appreciated as much as the US/Canadian forces? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, we have been cruising since 1995, during that time we have tried to obtain military discount but have been unsuccessful, as I type my hubby is filling out the required paper work for Princess. This will be our fourth Princess cruise but the first time we have tried to obtain a discount. So fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Cunard only gives OBC to US/Canadian military as far as I'm aware. Princess is the only major US cruise line to give anything to British military (and the Aussies get nothing). It is per military member, not per cabin. On our cruise to Hawaii earlier this year my parents, my sister and her husband, and myself all got $250 OBC each as we are all prior service. Form was very easy to submit (did it via email) and the OBC showed up on my cruise account (before we sailed) within 24 hours of my sending the email.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I was wondering which cruise lines offer discounts, or anything for active members of the British Armed Forces, I have tried to contact some companies but got nothing back?

I will be returning from my deployment in Afghanistan in late November and was hoping to book a cruise for that period.

The only one I have been able to find has been Princess cruises, but surely there has to be more than just ONE?? Are the UK Forces not appreciated as much as the US/Canadian forces? ;)

Via your computer search engine:-MOD form 1694-sept14

Data protection act 1998

Subject Access request (SAR) form

Print out the form and make a couple of copies

Bottom left of the form is where to send the completed form

When you get a reply from Glasgow again make copies.

Next cruise booking tell the booking agent that you are qualified for on-board credit and that you have proof of service.

Cunard only gives OBC to US/Canadian military as far as I'm aware. Princess is the only major US cruise line to give anything to British military (and the Aussies get nothing). It is per military member, not per cabin. On our cruise to Hawaii earlier this year my parents, my sister and her husband, and myself all got $250 OBC each as we are all prior service. Form was very easy to submit (did it via email) and the OBC showed up on my cruise account (before we sailed) within 24 hours of my sending the email.

What a load of tosh. British military personnel (whether serving or not and even time spent in Home Guard) qualify for on-board credit on Carnival lines.

What a load of tosh. British military personnel (whether serving or not and even time spent in Home Guard) qualify for on-board credit on Carnival lines.

It was accurate when I posted it a year ago. Glad to see Carnival giving OBC now too. Maybe look at the date of a post before you call it tosh.

Edited by cnarf77

• 1 month later...
Anyway, do I take it that a FoI form 1694 will provide the necessary info for the cruise lines? My wife is ex TA (QARANC) and so we should get it once the FoI is actioned?

Thanks,

Rob

Not sure what FoI form 1694 is, but I am looking at MoD Form 1694-Nov 13 at the moment and I am sure that your wife will qualify. If you print off MoD Form 1694 and read through part 1, it should tell you all you need to know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I only found out recently that I would be eligible for on board credits because of my service with the WRAF in the 1960s. This is with Princess Australia, is this also for American princess ships?

I only found out recently that I would be eligible for on board credits because of my service with the WRAF in the 1960s. This is with Princess Australia, is this also for American princess ships?

Yes. I served in the RAF, my mum in the Army, my dad, sister and brother in law in the Royal Navy and we all got $250 OBC EACH for our cruise to Hawaii.

• 1 year later...

Join Defence Discounts (probably using the forms above to get proof if retired. Cannot remember as did this couple of years ago). I have got 10% from Celebrity & RCI (yes same company but Azamara does not) quoting my card number. And whole host of other discounts beside like 10% off BA, ski trips etc. Website has details for each cruise company. Nought for NCL BTW

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/

• 2 months later...

I don't believe that is true any more. I researched this for a number of different cruise lines late last year or early this year and thi is what I found. Note that while Carnival does offer discounts on some cruises for military vets, it did not, at least at the time I checked, say anything about on-board credits. This was a direct copy of what I found on the Carnival website.

Tom

Carnival offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Department of Health and Human Services, National Guard, Navy, Marines, or Reserves, as well as Cadets who are currently enrolled in a military academy with a scheduled entry date into one of these divisions. Retired personnel from any of these divisions are also eligible. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or who served in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above are also eligible. In addition, active, reserve and retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible for Carnival's military discounts. Finally, spouses of actively deployed or deceased military personnel are eligible to book one stateroom at the military rate. The spouse of the military member must be booked in the stateroom and others in the same stateroom will also be allowed to cruise at the military rate. Qualifying guests must submit a photocopy of enlistment papers, LES (leave and earning statement) with the social security numbers blacked out, or discharge papers (Form DD214 or DD256) and a passport or driver's license via fax to Carnival and Vacations To Go at the time of booking. The spouse of a deceased veteran must also provide a copy of the death certificate at the time of booking. Carnival will charge guests the standard market rate if they do not receive proper documentation within 48 hours of booking. Click here for Carnival military discounts.

Hi Tom, P&O - part of carnival - for its British customers definitely offer serving and ex with proof of service - OBC - I've had it before an its still advertised now - cruise doing next year i managed a 5% off but it was only marginally cheaper than a TA quoted me - they must have used some of their discount beforehand then removed it hen i provided code to them. This has been changed so thou that avenue its also OBC as well. Princess i believe we can also get the same although it is some time since i checked. Carnival don't sail from UK so you have to book via a TA or direct as as far as I'm aware they don't have a UK sales office.... I'm sure someone will correct me...

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/newsout.php?mid=49178&nid=243&lid=190

dont know if that would link

• 11 months later...

I have been speaking to Celebrity Cruises UK today. My partner is an officer in RNR and they said there is a 10% discount. Forgot to ask if it is per cabin or per person as we haven’t yet booked. They just want the number on his RN card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums