Silver Cloud Expedition - Hits & Misses

Keith1010

Please forgive me if this has been posted already but when I looked down the boards I could not find it. :)

This is on the Luxury Board and the author is a contributor of Cruise Critic.

I like how she summarized her experience/observation with "Hits" and "Misses".

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8298

Happy New Year.

Keith

More 'hits' than 'misses'... and the misses are mostly inconsequential -

"We miss the Laura Tonatto fragrance diffusers, swapped for a generic brand. We also mourn the loss of the Ferragamo toiletry option; a Sicilian label replaces it. Thankfully, Bulgari is still the signature toiletry brand."

Oh, the horror! ;p

more 'hits' than 'misses'... And the misses are mostly inconsequential -

"we miss the laura tonatto fragrance diffusers, swapped for a generic brand. We also mourn the loss of the ferragamo toiletry option; a sicilian label replaces it. Thankfully, bulgari is still the signature toiletry brand."

oh, the horror! ;p

+1

I think I would manage to cope if those listed are the main misses :).

I am wondering if they have an alternate way to get to the lounge in inclement weather.

Julie

+1

I think I would manage to cope if those listed are the main misses :).

I am wondering if they have an alternate way to get to the lounge in inclement weather.

Julie

Thanks for posting Keith. Always nice to see links posted that are relevant to Silversea.

Julie, I thought this also. I’m fairly sure pre dry dock, you had 2 choices. One on the outside (and I’m surprised if they haven’t covered over the gap like they did on the Wind), plus the other from below. My recollection maybe wrong but I’m fairly certain you could. It would be most off to block it off.

I’m fairly sure pre dry dock, you had 2 choices. One on the outside (and I’m surprised if they haven’t covered over the gap like they did on the Wind), plus the other from below. My recollection maybe wrong but I’m fairly certain you could. It would be most off to block it off.
IIRC, the only way to get to the former fitness centre, pre-refit, was across the open deck, so it looks like there is no change.

IIRC, the only way to get to the former fitness centre, pre-refit, was across the open deck, so it looks like there is no change.

Your recollection may well be correct... and I was thinking of the Wind. I’d agree it would be most odd for someone doing a review to miss that..... though even odder for Silversea to overlook an obvious need on an artic region sailing vessel.

Thanks Keith for sharing this well written article. Janice's hits--very nice descriptions of the Cloud's new refurbed spaces; miss--dearth of snaps to go along with her words.

We're excited to board the Cloud expedition in May (Dublin) and most look forward to visiting (often) Tor's observation lounge and to get frequent use of the new fitness facility. Our top concern of the old Cloud was the condition of the old gym and lack of observation lounge--now fixed.

We'll give Le Dame a try and hope Janice is right, that the significant up-charge means higher quality complementary pours

We'll give Le Dame a try and hope Janice is right, that the significant up-charge means higher quality complementary pours

Sorry Wes, have to disagree with you there, all complementary pours are just that, and should always be available across all venues. The choice of that days standard pour might be different than the other restaurants but that's all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a saying that in the end the only opinion that matters is each of our own.

What I enjoyed most about the summary was the way it was organized.

I think it was an easy way for one to pick up on what the writer though were hits for her and misses for her.

Happy New Year and Happy Cruising. May 2018 be the best yet.

Keith