138East - HELP! I've lost the thread

olemissreb

138East, I was looking at a thread and now can't find it. You were talking about the proximity to the sights in downtown (Freedom Trail etc) and Seaport. Is it feasible to stay in Seaport and Uber to downtown? Or would that end up being cost prohibitive? It doesn't appear to be that far, but then I've never been good at judging distance on a map.

I'm about to the point of ditching staying at a Hilton property in favor of staying out near the cruise terminal and maybe getting a room with a view of the water. We might do a duck tour, so this might be a good place to stay. It also looks like there might be some pretty good restaurants in the area and cost wise might be a little cheaper than near the tourist attractions, but still accessible (does that make sense?).

Yeah still 21 months to plan, but I'm a little obsessive sometimes. ;p Plus it gives me an opportunity to do a dummy booking and find out how much money we need to save up.

138East, I was looking at a thread and now can't find it. You were talking about the proximity to the sights in downtown (Freedom Trail etc) and Seaport. Is it feasible to stay in Seaport and Uber to downtown? Or would that end up being cost prohibitive? It doesn't appear to be that far, but then I've never been good at judging distance on a map.

I'm about to the point of ditching staying at a Hilton property in favor of staying out near the cruise terminal and maybe getting a room with a view of the water. We might do a duck tour, so this might be a good place to stay. It also looks like there might be some pretty good restaurants in the area and cost wise might be a little cheaper than near the tourist attractions, but still accessible (does that make sense?).

Yeah still 21 months to plan, but I'm a little obsessive sometimes. ;p Plus it gives me an opportunity to do a dummy booking and find out how much money we need to save up.

To find your previous thread, click on olemissreb and it will pull up a list which has "find all posts by olemissreb" in it. You are looking for https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2565965

It is totally feasible to stay in the Seaport and Uber downtown. For a duck tour the Aquarium would be the most convenient pick up point.

All the hotels in the Seaport area are newer properties and totally acceptable. The surrounding area is also totally acceptable.