United Airlines Just Change My Flights!

Kiwi935

Need advice. Disembarking Anthem of the Seas, 2/17/18 and using RCI transfer to Newark Airport. Is 12:10pm flight too early?

Thank you

Hi Jean,

What time does RCL say you can make a flight if you use their transfer?

I would consider ditching the RCL transfer and self disembarking to take a shared shuttle for $20 from the Cape Liberty taxi dispatcher to EWR.

I am on the cruise before you with the "cruise ladies".

Carol

Need advice. Disembarking Anthem of the Seas, 2/17/18 and using RCI transfer to Newark Airport. Is 12:10pm flight too early?

Thank you

Ok departure time according to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/airtravel/viewAirSeaTime.do?shipCode=AN&airportOfEmbarkation=EWR&portOfEmbarkation=BYE&airportOfDisembarkation=EWR&portOfDisembarkation=BYE&departureDay=09&departureMonth=02&departureYear=2018&x=39&y=10.

Hi Jean,

What time does RCL say you can make a flight if you use their transfer?

I would consider ditching the RCL transfer and self disembarking to take a shared shuttle for $20 from the Cape Liberty taxi dispatcher to EWR.

I am on the cruise before you with the "cruise ladies".

Carol

Many thanks for the fast responses. Had flights since May - really threw me when I saw UA had changed BOTH flights without emailing. Carol, See you soon.

How big of a change was it? You can always call UA and get them to switch to another flight if it was a major change.

p.s. for others out there....airlines change fight times on a regular basis. That is why YOU (the traveler) need to keep monitoring them and NOT rely on getting a notification from the airline. Plus, if it is a major change always always always have an alternate flight in mind when calling the airline to make the change.

Do understand that a 12:10 flight means you have to be at EWR by 10:10. EWR has some of the longest TSA lines in the country. If you have time before you sail, consider enrolling in TSA pre-check to shorten your time in the AP, just in case. I would not rely on a cruise ship sponsored bus to get me to the AP on time.

• 3 weeks later...
Do understand that a 12:10 flight means you have to be at EWR by 10:10. EWR has some of the longest TSA lines in the country. If you have time before you sail, consider enrolling in TSA pre-check to shorten your time in the AP, just in case. I would not rely on a cruise ship sponsored bus to get me to the AP on time.

Even with a long line, 90 mins ahead is more than plenty for a domestic or transborder flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tell that to people who missed flights out of Orlando in early Jan.
Or, the mess at JFK earlier this month at T-4 (Delta) but true also at T-1 (where many int'l airlines are based)

Problems are sometimes with TSA, other times with airline's systems down, luggage transport due to flooding and/or power outage, taxiway & gate issues, etc. etc.

We're on JetBlue with Pre-Check, curbside at T-minus 90+ minutes, thinking easy-breeze ... WRONG, new kettles herding thru these faster/shorter lines were clueless - starting removing shoes, belts, 3-1-1 ... spend 45+ minutes just to get past the blue shirts, then, it was another 15 minutes running to the gate as pre-boarding start already & we nearly lost our seat assignments, luckily - ground staff at the checkpoint found us & radio ahead to alert the gate agent & FA to hold ours. With our success, aircraft was parked at the far end so we boarded just in mind before they slammed the doors shut & started arming & cross-check routines.

United lost a big chunk of our flying business when they relocated & merged their CO ops & shut down JFK's ops - they run something like 70% of the flights at EWR, notorious for all sorts of airport mess (just check out Flyertalk's forums) & we will now spend 2 to 3 hours "commuting" just to get to EWR ...

IMHO, the advice might worked for Long Beach, CA or Midway in Chicago, but not any of NYC's metro airports to think ... just because I got Pre-Check & GE and flying J/F.

And, side note & not directly on-topic, NCL's Manhattan pier arrivals & disembarkation has been a mess lately, far worst than the average with ships coming home late in docking ... blamed mother nature's storms or whatever. But, turning into Pier 88 or Pier 90 around 9:30 AM plus time to clear the ship for the "Express" Walkoff is NOT going to do a thing in getting to EWR for a 12:10 or 12:45 gate departure time ... unless, you take a quick copter ride at the nearby helipad on the Hudson, about 15 blocks down - usually, not complimentary.