VERY back AFT cabins opinions

Maverick509

First time cruiser,,, Opinion and advice on very back AFT cabin on the corner vs Aft almost mid ship spacious balcony cabin

TIA

I think it depends on the ship design - we were assigned a rear corner cabin when booked a gtee balcony on Independence. When we read that previous occupants had suffered irritation of constant door banging of crew entering and leaving their smoking area directly below alarm bells started ringing. Thankfully our TA records all booking calls and had to accept that their consultant had assured us there were no restricted balcony views on IotS and had to agree that our assigned cabin also had a vista severely restricted by the ships structure so persuaded RCI to waive their no change gtee rule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First time cruiser,,, Opinion and advice on very back AFT cabin on the corner vs Aft almost mid ship spacious balcony cabin

TIA Adventure of the Seas

The cabins on the direct back of the ships have some of the largest balconies-- but beware you will have a steel structure back there. If i was not aware that it was there i think i would be very disappointed.

you do not want deck 6. there is a crew deck out there. giving your balcony somewhat of a closed in feeling

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AF8C5ox1wEk/hqdefault.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2sb6clt.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/3335516547_408d51c296_o.jpg

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_6-JS/gallery.html

It was on deck 6. There are plenty of CC posts about Millenium class cabin 6410.

....which are Celebrity ships, that have no comparison with their aft facing staterooms compared to RCI. The OP is asking about Adventure of the Seas, which is an RCI ship. (But indeed similar to the Independence of the Seas you refer to).

RCI Voyager class (of which Adventure is one) have completely different aft design and structure - compared to Celebrity Millennium class ships - which does limit the aft facing balcony view, in particular when looking down. However, there would be no obstruction with a mid-ship / aft side location, which is the comparison being asked. The aft facing balconies are larger as well. Aside from view direction, IMO those would be the only distinctive differences between the two.

Can't answer regarding the reported door noise you refer to from the crew outdoor lounge on deck 5.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

....which are Celebrity ships, that have no comparison with their aft facing staterooms compared to RCI. The OP is asking about Adventure of the Seas, which is an RCI ship. (But indeed similar to the Independence of the Seas you refer to).

RCI Voyager class (of which Adventure is one) have completely different aft design and structure - compared to Celebrity Millennium class ships - which does limit the aft facing balcony view, in particular when looking down. However, there would be no obstruction with a mid-ship / aft side location, which is the comparison being asked. The aft facing balconies are larger as well. Aside from view direction, IMO those would be the only distinctive differences between the two.

Can't answer regarding the reported door noise you refer to from the crew outdoor lounge on deck 5.

I stand corrected. I can only imagine the confusion caused by my Millenium reference.

My first response, however, to the OP stands; it depends on the design of the ship and both Adventure and Independence, although different classes, appear to share stern design similarities.

I stand corrected. I can only imagine the confusion caused by my Millenium reference.

My first response, however, to the OP stands; it depends on the design of the ship and both Adventure and Independence, although different classes, appear to share stern design similarities.

Not a problem and I was only pointing it out in case the OP would be confused. :) And you are correct that both Voyager class (Adventure) and Freedom class (Independence) share the same - and IMO odd - superstructure in the aft which affects the view from the aft facing staterooms.

And to your reference to Millennium class ships, both that and the Solstice class ships in the Celebrity family have very nice, completely open and unobstructed view aft facing staterooms. (As do all other RCI ship classes that offer aft facing staterooms).