Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Hotel to Port Everglades without car seats

janets

We will be staying in a Fort Lauderdale hotel prior to our Allure of Seas Cruise. Part of our group are my 4 young grandchildren - ages 5, 4, 3 and 2. Parents are not bringing car seats on the plane and we will be taking shuttle bus from airport to hotel (which does not require car seats. Question is "How can we get from hotel to Port Everglades without car seats"

Taxis will not take you w/o car seats and very few Ubers have car seats.

We are still trying to find out from RCCL if excursions that we are interested in are on buses where parents of children are OK with that. Will not use taxis in Mexico without car seats

Have been searching boards to see how others handle issue of excursions without car seats

I see you and your family are concerned about car seats, or lack of, with your multiple questions. Without car seats, or at least the booster style ones, how will they even be able to see out the windows etc? I can't think that would be a fun excursion. I know bringing that many might be difficult, but I would at least consider the newer booster style ones.

And keep in mind they are for the children's safety. I don't think if they were my grandkids I would care if these islands allow them being in the vehicles without carseats, I would not want to risk it.

When my 3 grands come visit us, they bring their carseats. You do not have to use them on the plane if you don't want to, you just check them like luggage. I believe most baby type items are free on most airlines.

For the two older ones you could use something like this, it’s a travel booster. We used it for my daughter for this purpose (excursions and airport transport) when she was 4 and we always keep it with us.

mifold Grab-and-Go Car Booster Seat, Yellow Taxi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5VJHZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_LY5sAbMX882R9

Or you could try something like this that would fold and is technically rated for 0-8 years but I have no personal experience with this one myself. Good luck.

Magnetbest Simple children's car safety seat and baby seat portable folding cushion baby general anti-slide seat cushion 0-8 years old -brown https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077LDT7SD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_M25sAbEGDACS6

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bubble bum is another good option for the bigger kiddos. Mifold doesn’t fit well in some cars which led us to choose the bubble bum. It also adds to height to allow children to see better. Ride safer vest is another option for the bigger kids but is expensive. Please consider bringing car seats, especially for the youngest ones but really all of those ages need car seats. Even on the airplane the youngest 3 if not all 4 would be safest harnessed. If heavy seats are the problem they make inexpensive lighter seats good for travel.

We have hired a private shuttle, Express Shuttle Miami (which is in Ft Lauderdale) which we have used before in Miami. It is a large van kind of like the hotel shuttles from the airport. We had no problems bringing our two young kids with no car seats with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a reason you are not bringing car seats? We never travel without our Cisco Scenara and up until my daughter turned 5 we even had it on the plane in the seat for her. Now we gate check it. Made it much easier for naps on the plane etc. You are correct that airport taxis and Uber's will not have car seats but you should be able to get private transportation companies that provide them.