Laundry

Bill B

Thanks Capri. I'm not a fabric softener 'sorta guy'... so that's okay.

EDIT: I don't iron either... just take everything out immediately and hang it up (if necessary). No wrinkles.

Ha! Me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have used the laundry facilities a couple of ships, Wind, Cloud and Spirit. As spoiled American washer/dryer owners, the equipment onboard the is confusing to use, take an ordinate amount of time (and still do not dry to standards) and with frustration have generally ended with a glass of wine.

Looking forward to reaching the Silver Seas milestone for free laundry.

Are the machines in the self-serve launderettes on SS ships 'free'? What about detergent?

It depends who you’re asking.

If I were being asked if use of the machines and detergents were free, I’d say yes as there was no additional cost involved.

Others might say, it’s not free as it’s been paid for within the cost of your cruise.

The more extreme POV might say how can it be All Inclusive if you have to pay for your laundry to be done by the staff and not included in the price.

I’ve still not learnt that I don’t need to take so many clothes, but maybe this time I’ll take advantage.

As spoiled American washer/dryer owners, the equipment onboard the is confusing to use, take an ordinate amount of time (and still do not dry to standards) and with frustration have generally ended with a glass of wine.

I don't think you'd like my Chinese washer & dryer -

KiIQbO.jpg

toJtz1.jpg

It seems machine dryers are almost non-existent in Asia (I and no one I knew had one in Korea either).

I've never found a commercial machine dryer that would dry everything properly on one cycle... always have to pay for two.

I just became elegible for free laundry on Princess... now I book my first SS cruise... back to the 'bottom' (I sincerely doubt if I'll ever become elegible for free laundry on SS). Damn! I'll take a 'free' (that I've paid for) beer with me when I do my laundry. :D

We have used the laundry facilities a couple of ships, Wind, Cloud and Spirit. As spoiled American washer/dryer owners, the equipment onboard the is confusing to use, take an ordinate amount of time (and still do not dry to standards) and with frustration have generally ended with a glass of wine.

Looking forward to reaching the Silver Seas milestone for free laundry.

Your comment made my day, thanks.

Some years ago SS got rid of the older US style machines and installed state of the art washing machines from Miele, a well known European high end precision manufacturer of domestic gods, designed to be operated in a thoroughly precise and logical fashion.

The spelling above is deliberate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:confused: Will I need help operating the domestic god in a thoroughly precise and logical fashion? I managed to figure out a Korean machine that had no English on it what so ever... I just kept pressing buttons and watching what it did. :D

:confused: Will I need help operating the domestic god in a thoroughly precise and logical fashion? I managed to figure out a Korean machine that had no English on it what so ever... I just kept pressing buttons and watching what it did. :D

Bill,

Let not the detergent be the deterrent. I think your underwear is under worn. Pack less knickers and wear them until crinkly. When crinkly, crinkle them and recycle. If you creak a bit - then c'est la culotte. :D

If you are sailing on the Spirit or Muse, the laundry rooms on Decks 11 and 12 are not used much since the Silver suites all have free laundry.

YES!! Excellent tip/secret above. My wife took advantage of that key point in June when we were doing the Silver Spirit from Lisbon to Rouen. Worked well for us.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

For how much these cruises cost, I was rather shocked how crowded the laundry room was on Day 1. (If we can afford the cruise, can't we afford the laundry service?) I actually like booking a room near the laundry room to make it more convenient.

Took me a few minutes to figure out the machine..but I got it. Bringing your own dryer sheets is a great tip.

For how much these cruises cost, I was rather shocked how crowded the laundry room was on Day 1. (If we can afford the cruise, can't we afford the laundry service?) I actually like booking a room near the laundry room to make it more convenient.

Took me a few minutes to figure out the machine..but I got it. Bringing your own dryer sheets is a great tip.

Out of our eight cruises on Silversea I think we’ve used the laundry room twice. It’s not been a matter of money as much as it’s been time and availability. All but one of our cruises have been in the very port intensive Med with maybe three sea days in 70 or so days. This past cruise was 18 days with six full sea days plus a couple of port days where there was little to do so almost like sea days. We did use the laundry room on that cruise as it was just a couple of doors down the hall and not that busy.