Table in mini-suite and also where to put cosmetics etc - ladies? Epic

ddlb

3. questions - first time Epic spa-mini-suite

1. Since there is no bathroom counter where do you put all your cosmetics and hair stuff and medicines and sundries to store them on or under? Would one of those plastic shoe door hanger things work like they recommend on Carnival?

2. If there is no table do you just balance room service meals on your lap?

3. Any kind of suggestion for a fold-up foot stool and I like to prop up my feet when sitting on sofa.

Thanks for any input!

Epic Mini Suites have ample storage and a great vanity area in which to store cosmetics etc,. It also has a hairdryer which is great -

I had much bigger issues with vanity storage on Getaway - there its a case of storing everything in the lidded foot stool. Epic minis are much better

I am "high maintenance" - lotions and potions lol - You wont need the over door thing - plenty storage throughout.

There is also a vanity stool which I guess you can double up as a footstool although Epic sofas are not very comfortable for sitting back.

The counter top runs almost the length of the cabin. We used the tray either on a towel laid out (one we kept for this use) on our bed - or on the footstool indoors or outdoors.

1. Since there is no bathroom counter where do you put all your cosmetics and hair stuff and medicines and sundries to store them on or under? Would one of those plastic shoe door hanger things work like they recommend on Carnival?

3. Any kind of suggestion for a fold-up foot stool and I like to prop up my feet when sitting on sofa.

Thanks for any input!

1. There is space on the desk with a stool to sit on (could double as a foot rest). There is also a lot of cabinet space.

2. This is true of most cruise ship cabins. You could put individual plates on the desk and eat (one person at a time). Unless you have a suite (on any ship) better not to do in room dining.

Just as a comment on the Epic, if you have a connecting room, you give up a lot of storage space for the door.

Thanks for any input!

You might find these detailed photos from a Epic spa mini-suite helpful as well:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-epic-481/mini-suite-211999/

Wow great responses everyone and thanks so much for the link to pictures! I had no idea there was so much storage space and shelves etc. Great! I could bring that little table in to set morning coffee on I bet.

One more question - my friend and I are sharing the room and I thought we would each have a twin type bed but from what I understand the bed more/less stays where it is.

How is that sofa as far as comfort as I need more space? Would I have to make my own bed which is fine I guess the linens are in some sort of storage in it? I think it pulls out right? Appreciate all your answers very much.

You will have plenty of room to store everything. While packing to go home on the last night of cruise, I found closets and other storage I never knew about. Felt pretty stupid.

For storage space don't forget the horse you rode in on - ahem I mean the luggage that you brought with you.

You can put some stuff in the luggage and slide it back under the bed until you need it. When exploring your

cabin look for knobs to things that don't usually have knobs and pull on that knob - did you find a hidden

cabinet and space. REMEMBER when checking out and leaving the ship to check all those hidden areas

for stuff you have stashed in those out of the way cubby holes. The cabin steward is going to have one heck

of time cataloging all your lost and found stuff left behind. In the bath area check the cabinet that has the

sink in it - might find some space there with the spare rolls of toilet paper for the commode. Are life vests

really that big and take up that much space ? Push them aside and find out. There is space you just have

to get spaced out to find it.

And about more space:

Table space - the wee little tea cup of a balcony coffee table can be used for something - what I don't know

but maybe a free room service continental breakfast tray. Put the tray the breakfast comes on - on top of the

balcony table voila breakfast is served. A while back there was a post about the same idea I use - bring along

one of the big trays seen in a fast food place - it is flat and will not take very much room in your luggage and

would be great for toting food stuffs back from the buffet to your cabin.

In the quest for space and more space I hope you are not defeating the issue by bringing that 1914 steamer

trunk - yeah the one the ventriloquist uses to house his dummy - Pack and Plan Smart leave the kitchen sink

at home - the cabin steward will take care of the dirty dishes.

Now go ahead and enjoy your space saving cruise - I challenge you to do that.