Getaway for May

aggiegirl2012

Hi,

Newbie here! We went on Princess to Alaska in 2016 and are now going to move towards NCL I think. We're a couple in our late 20s.

Anyways, we're looking at Getaway for Carribean in May.

Here's our dilema, we are using our tax return

Do we do inside with just UBP. (We are drinkers and this is 100% worth it)

Do we upgrade to balcony to get specialty dining for free too? Or do we just pay as we go.

We've never been on a Carribean cruise so any pointers are appreciated. We like to have a good time.

Sounds like you would benefit from having the UBP! Personally, for the Caribbean, a balcony is well worth it. I would compare the costs of doing a balcony versus a different cabin and estimating which specialty restaurants you might want to dine at.

Save your money and eat in the complimentary restaurants. No need for specialty dining. No need to upgrade your room for a balcony (since the balconies on the Getaway are VERY small). Book your inside. Get your UBP and you'll be spending time moving from bar to bar and not in your room on a balcony.

If you are active folks I am not sure I'd get the balcony - DH and I have done both inside and balcony. There is so much to do on Getaway that we were hardly ever in the room, and the balcony became a place for him to hang out while I got dressed. We got an inside cabin on our next cruise for much less, and didn't suffer a bit.

If you anticipate spending a lot of time relaxing in the cabin, reading, resting, then definitely balcony, because it's the best place ever to be quiet with the sea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Oh - I shoukd add - check out the restaurants (re news here, lots of videos on youtube) when you are deciding about the specialty dining. We rarely go to La Cucina or Teppanyaki, because we can get similar good at home and it's not a treat - but we always eat at Moderno (treat plus Brazilian Steakhouses at home are way expensive) and Cagneys (we love steak) and since we have a balcony this time, we will eat at Le Bistro.

But if there are only a couple isnthe specialty restaurants that appeal, I'd keep the inside room and book a dining package - compared to what you'd pay a la carte, they are a very good deal. And make reservations early!

Enjoy -I love cruising and I hope you will, too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app