2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

if he is the same Carlos that we had on the Sun in Sept. 2016 - he is FANTASTIC - Loved him. One of the reasons I want to know who will be on the Jade for March 23 sailing is hoping we will luck out and have Carlos again...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...hoping he will be on the BLISS for our MAY 2019 sailing as well...Can he please just adjust his contracts to suit us???

Yes, I know he can't...but he is that good...

Yes, that was OUR Carlos on the Sun. :halo:

Thanks - we are obviously in tune. I have never met Carlos (I thought Adrian was the senior after Ruth but I bow to your knowledge) I accept as we had not met Carlos I made a wrong assumption. We have heard he is excellent.

There's some interesting Norwegian folk lore regarding Ruth & Carlos. The story, as reported to me by one of the participants goes back 30 years ago.

In 1988, Norwegian Cruise Line opened a small office in London staffed by four people.

Office Manager:

Andy Stuart (President CEO),

Staff:

Armando DeSilva (HD)

Ruth Hagger (Retired Concierge)

Carlos Zarate (Concierge)

SolidGoldCruiser

To help pass the time while you "wonder" about the Getaway, here's some:

Solid Gold "Wondering" music from the 1950's,

before the "Music Died". :cool:

THANK YOU so much the latter song was my late dads favourite and it has made smile so much tonight. True music none of this manufactured stuff now.

BTW I think you folklore story is entirely accurate.

Thanks - we are obviously in tune. I have never met Carlos (I thought Adrian was the senior after Ruth but I bow to your knowledge) I accept as we had not met Carlos I made a wrong assumption. We have heard he is excellent.

You are very correct about Adrian. Why else would he be selected to bring out new ships? Carlos is indeed very good at what he does, but Adrian is the cream of the crop.

You are very correct about Adrian. Why else would he be selected to bring out new ships? Carlos is indeed very good at what he does, but Adrian is the cream of the crop.

You are both correct about Adrian being a great Concierge. He is efficient, exacting and the consummate professional. He's what you would expect of a Concierge in a 5 Star World Class hotel. He is able to provide his amazing service on the largest ships in the fleet.

On the other hand, Carlos is personal, warmly engaging, and anticipatory of your needs. He is what you would expect of a Personal Assistant. His style of service is more time consuming and works better on mid size ships. He is also the senior concierge and harkens back to the smaller pre Epic fleet days

You are both correct about Adrian being a great Concierge. He is efficient, exacting and the consummate professional. He's what you would expect of a Concierge in a 5 Star World Class hotel. He is able to provide his amazing service on the largest ships in the fleet.

On the other hand, Carlos is personal, warmly engaging, and anticipatory of your needs. He is what you would expect of a Personal Assistant. His style of service is more time consuming and works better on mid size ships. He is also the senior concierge and harkens back to the smaller pre Epic fleet days

Thanks this is so insightful but does bring about the matter I raised with NCL. They have two styles of senior Crew those from the old school for the Jewel class and smaller and those for the bigger ships. I doubt the Great Armando da Silva would ever like or want to be HD on the Epic. For some being on the big ships is Kudos for other it is unnecessary agro for the same money!!.

Uniall would you agree though that David C is fine example of someone who could do both concierge roles.

There are some than can do both but talking to one HD he said moving between the classes is not easy as NCL have different expectations.

Thanks this is so insightful but does bring about the matter I raised with NCL. They have two styles of senior Crew those from the old school for the Jewel class and smaller and those for the bigger ships. I doubt the Great Armando da Silva would ever like or want to be HD on the Epic. For some being on the big ships is Kudos for other it is unnecessary agro for the same money!!.

Uniall would you agree though that David C is fine example of someone who could do both concierge roles.

There are some than can do both but talking to one HD he said moving between the classes is not easy as NCL have different expectations.

I absolutely agree David Contreras can do both sizes of ships. But, as his father and I have agreed, we can't let David know we think that for fear it would go to his head. ;p

Haven Epic? and which Edgar the Honduran or other one

He is from the Philippines. He was previously in the Haven Breakaway - I am not sure if he still is because he had mentioned they might be moving him, but he wasn't sure to where.