SeaDoo Sea Scooter

Never used one before but will try it out before I go (Will only purchase it if I get the go ahead from RCI). As for use in crowded snorkeling situations, you might be right...I may need to fabricate some kind of spike to place on the end to keep people out of my way ;p

Just put a shark fin on the top, people will leave a clear path.

LOL good tactics that would work! :D

Having a bit of power on your side might get you away from those crowded situations.

When I had a played with these in Costco they seemed a bit noisy. Hopefully they don't spoil the serenity - although I guess wouldn't be as loud as an outboard.[emoji14]

When I had a played with these in Costco they seemed a bit noisy. Hopefully they don't spoil the serenity - although I guess wouldn't be as loud as an outboard.[emoji14]

With it being used under the water, I would hope the noise would not be too bad

With it being used under the water, I would hope the noise would not be too bad

Noise travels through water as well as it does on land. I discovered that many years ago at a hotel which insisted on playing Christmas music non-stop (it was December) including through underwater speakers in the pool. There was no escaping them! :eek:

Noise travels through water as well as it does on land. I discovered that many years ago at a hotel which insisted on playing Christmas music non-stop (it was December) including through underwater speakers in the pool. There was no escaping them! :eek:

Mariah Carey or Michael Bubble?🤤

When we were in Adelaide we had lights and sound in our pool, works quite well if the speakers are low throb and set up properly.

Just received an email from Royal Caribbean...All systems go!! I am not allowed to use it on-board (so no test runs in the bath tub) but as long as its kept in my cabin it is fine. So off to Costco I go to go buy myself a new toy :)

Just received an email from Royal Caribbean...All systems go!! I am not allowed to use it on-board (so no test runs in the bath tub) but as long as its kept in my cabin it is fine. So off to Costco I go to go buy myself a new toy :)

Cool, let us know how it goes when you practice with it.

Thanks for letting us know.

Living vicariously on this one. :D

Please come back with a product review.

I took the new toy for a spin last night and am pleased to say it passed the test. I am not a small bloke (Hense the name Bigdave) and was concerned it would not pull me along through the water and it would be just like having a giant egg beater blowing water in my face. However it managed to pull me along quite well. If you are a smaller person and enjoy snorkeling, these things will really get you moving. In short, I am loving my new toy. Can't wait for Mystery Island & Mare.

Next Step: Getting it on the ship.

I took the new toy for a spin last night and am pleased to say it passed the test. I am not a small bloke (Hense the name Bigdave) and was concerned it would not pull me along through the water and it would be just like having a giant egg beater blowing water in my face. However it managed to pull me along quite well. If you are a smaller person and enjoy snorkeling, these things will really get you moving. In short, I am loving my new toy. Can't wait for Mystery Island & Mare.

Next Step: Getting it on the ship.

Excellent -good to hear it can tow a fellow big marn. [emoji106]

Might have reconsider where these fit in my list of discretionary spending. [emoji924][emoji481]

Excellent -good to hear it can tow a fellow big marn. [emoji106]

Might have reconsider where these fit in my list of discretionary spending. [emoji924][emoji481]

Agreed. I have been pondering whether it would be worth it for me or not but am encouraged by the results for Dave.

How manoeuverable is it? Does it slow down quickly? I'm just wondering how practical it would be in crowded snorkelling conditions, like Mare, where there is often a lot of people in the water at one time.

Also how does the water flow from it affect visibility? Do you have to shut it off before looking at the coral, or can you see it all clearly while still moving.?

How manoeuverable is it? Does it slow down quickly? I'm just wondering how practical it would be in crowded snorkelling conditions, like Mare, where there is often a lot of people in the water at one time.

Also how does the water flow from it affect visibility? Do you have to shut it off before looking at the coral, or can you see it all clearly while still moving.?

It wouldn't affect visibility as it sort of sits below the head/body, As for crowds, the sea scooter would help get away from them.

But how big, is really BIG.

Lets just say there is big, bigger, Mt Everest and then me ;p

These days I register with both the Japanese and Greenpeace before I go snorkeling so I don't get harpooned or dragged back to sea.

If it moves me it will move a small truck

Edited by bigdavefc