Miami hotel for a night between cruises

smileygirl_68

Hi All

Hoping to get some advice. I’m switching ships between Christmas 2018 and New Year which means an overnight stay in Miami on 29 Dec. I’m travelling solo and wondered if there were any recommendations on what to do for this one night. Do I stay near the port or better to head further afield?

I’ve had a look at hotels and I’m a bit overwhelmed to say the least and due to time of year there’s a lot already fully booked so I’d like to get something in the bag soon!!

I’m not planning on venturing out I just want somewhere decent to stay for a lazy day by the pool so I can restart my trip ASAP the following day.

Thanks in advance, I know you guys always deliver the goods!!

Hotels around that time frame will be pricey since you are near New Year's Eve. I have stayed there pretty frequently over the years so am familiar with that.

Some hotels are really not fully booked then but their web sites say so since it is eleven months out.

Here are some hotels to look at:

Intercontinental / Marriott Marquis / Epic Hotel (close to the port and near restaurants and some stores). Epic is higher in price but just mentioned it as another choice.

JW Marriott / Conrad Hilton / East Miami / Hampton Inn

Located about an extra 5 to 10 minutes from the Port but lovely area with great restaurants and stores. Hampton Inn not a full service hotel but good value. Other three nice hotels. East Miami hotel is less then two year old and part of the fairly new Brickell Centre.

I can give you more hotels but I would start with these.

Again pricing will be high and some will not show pricing yet and may show full when they are not.

Keith